• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford is recalling more than 874,000 F-Series pickup trucks

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/ford-recalling-874000-pickup-trucks-in-north-america

The recall includes certain F-150 models from 2015 through 2019, in addition to the F-250, 350, 450 and 550 from 2017 through 2019.

Ford said that water and contaminants can enter the heater cable and cause corrosion, which can then cause electrical shorts and possible fires. An engine block heater helps the engine start and ensures the vehicle warms up quicker than it normally would otherwise in very cold weather.

The second-largest automaker in the U.S. said the risk of fire happens when the block heater cable is plugged into an electrical outlet.

There have been three reports of fire in Canada, but none so far in the U.S. The recall is expected to officially start on Jan. 7.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I didn't even look to see if it has one. You'd think every vehicle up here comes equipped with one but my wife's Yukon doesn't.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I didn't even look to see if it has one. You'd think every vehicle up here comes equipped with one but my wife's Yukon doesn't.

Canadian eh!!!
I decided to check my vin number on Ford's website. There are apparently 3 recalls. The one for the block heater isn't a huge deal as long as I don't use it until I can get it in. The other two were just cosmetic things. One has already been dealt with.
22dd124ff7ff04b4b3c8c63f835eda99.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I finally got the recall notice about the block heater cord. Ford is taking care of it while they work on the 4x4 system.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got my truck back. As I suspected, the vacuum system failed preventing the 4x4 from fully engaging or disengaging. It took out the actuator and hub on the driver's side

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So am I. They gave me a 2018 f150 as a loaner until it was fixed so that was alright. Good comparison to mine. It had the 5 liter engine. Mine has the 3.5l turbo. Big difference. For everyday driving the 5 liter is alright. But that 3.5 liter. Wow. It's scary fast. I was driving in town today doing 50kmph. I tromped the pedal and squealed the rear tires for 50 feet. [emoji16][emoji41]

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I tromped the pedal and squealed the rear tires for 50 feet.

I heard that. Figured it was some high school kid. Didn’t realize it was you! :hide: