• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Knives and Swords

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I made this thread title general so anyone else who has knives or swords to show off can add to this thread.

Yesterday my wife was looking for a new centerpiece for a coffee table at an antique place, she didn't find anything ..... but I found a samurai sword. Made in Pakistan, but still very kewl. I thought it was a steal at $30. 29" blade.

Attachments

• samurai3.jpg
    samurai3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 216
  • samurai2.jpg
    samurai2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 222
  • samurai1.jpg
    samurai1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 224

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have a replica Claymore. I'd like to get a real one. At the Renaissance festivals, there are people that make them in the old world methods; a real authentic "new" sword.

It's kind of cool to have a BHS(Big Honkin Sword). Some Claymore were 5-6'long two handed behemoths.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, I'm not a sword fan but I would have paid $30 for that. It's pretty.

I've carried a knife since I was 8 or 9 years old. Back then every boy was expected to carry one. In school a boy was expected to use his knife to sharpen a pencil for any girl in class that asked. Times have changed, haven't they. :biggrin:

These days my carry knife is usually an aluminum handled Buck lock back clip knife. I don't know why but I just like knives (even more than guns). I have a pile of them, folders, lock back and fixed blade ... different knives for different tasks. Probably the most expensive one that I have is a Benchmade auto. It is a beautiful knife and the blade will cut to and through bone. It did and I have the scar. :biggrin: I really don't need any more but if I found one with a Damascus blade, I might be tempted. I had one years ago but lost it somewhere which is unusual because I don't usually misplace stuff like that. :hammer:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A long while back we had a member SShephard who was an hobbyist knife maker. I haven't seen him in a while. He did good work.

I tried to talk him into making me a Chinese cleaver. It never worked out.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
A long while back we had a member SShephard who was an hobbyist knife maker. I haven't seen him in a while. He did good work.

I miss Shep. We didn't agree a lot on blades but the discussions were a lot of fun. And yes, he was really good! :clap:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I remember him too; he was very talented.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just wrote shep an email telling him about this thread and asking him to stop by if he has the time.

I agree ETF. For $30 bucks I could not go wrong. Another samurai sword was in the place, different seller, but for $99. I liked the $30 better. I love the feeling of a two hand sword. Feel so powerful with two hands on it.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
There's my buddy the captain showing off the swords to his green friend (gift for great niece - the frog not the cat or sword). The swords on the top and bottom are junk but the one in the middle is a good one. Reproduction of the saber that General Patton designed. They are not cheap. I don't know why I wanted it but I wanted it.
http://www.therionarms.com/reenact/therionarms_c1292.html
ctb1.JPG

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I was just looking at the price of the Spyderco knives now.
Ouch, they have gone up.
My everyday carry knife is one of the smaller ones. A Delica.
Even those are over $100. I had more but . . . well if you have one be careful where you clip it. I now usually just carry it in my pocket. I have an Endura but the clip (they are plastic) broke on it. That is probably just as well because now I can ONLY carry it in my pocket.
I heard or read somewhere that Spyderco has some kind of patent on the thumb hole blade. Which is why you won't find many knock-offs with that now.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/locking-folding

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was just looking at the price of the Spyderco knives now.
Ouch, they have gone up.
My everyday carry knife is one of the smaller ones. A Delica.
Even those are over $100. I had more but . . . well if you have one be careful where you clip it. I now usually just carry it in my pocket. I have an Endura but the clip (they are plastic) broke on it. That is probably just as well because now I can ONLY carry it in my pocket.
I heard or read somewhere that Spyderco has some kind of patent on the thumb hole blade. Which is why you won't find many knock-offs with that now.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/locking-folding

The SpyderCo plant is in Boulder. Co. If you ever get out that way, it's worth a look.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I was wrong the clips are metal. And by a really weird coincidence I found another Endura I had thought I had lost.
I moved my recliner and it fell out on the floor.
Really strange.