• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shiner Bock; Dundee Oktoberfest

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Hmmmm, enjoying both.

Hadn't had a shiner in a while; I'm rather liking it as a beer, but more in the spirit of AB's Mich Amber Bock being more flaverful than Budweiser, than as a real bock. I do like the "Prosit!" on the label too though.

The Dundee seems to have all the characteristics of an Oktoberfest, and I am certainly enjoying. Yet, whether the label puts preconceptions in my head or maybe some actual hints of pumkin spice, it does such a great job of screaming fall in general, I don't actually think of it as a steriotypical Oktoberfest.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Shiner Bock is a staple in our house.

If you'd ever been to Dundee, there's nothing in the whole town that would bring Octoberfest to mind, stereotypical or not. Dingy bloody place.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Shiner Bock is a staple in our house.

If you'd ever been to Dundee, there's nothing in the whole town that would bring Octoberfest to mind, stereotypical or not. Dingy bloody place.

Never been to Dundee, but don't think I'll be putting it on a vacation list! Regardless, I believe the brewery of that name is in Rochester, NY [which I've never been either] rather than TX - not sure if the town is more worthy, but still a fairly tasty specimen.