• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Head-butting police dogs

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the full article.

It starts with:
You really couldn't make it up... a Welsh police force is training its dogs to headbutt criminals rather than bite them, because politically correct - 'PC' - bosses are afraid that allowing the dogs to bite criminals will infringe their human rights!

RedRocker

Why don't they teach them to look for the criminal's inner self and see what kind of bad childhood they had. I'm sure with some K-9 understanding and companionship they could turn their lives around.

mak2

I had a big red female doberman that head butted me so hard it cut my forehead just above my eye. She would do it intentionally to me and to the male doberman. Great dog, I never thought she really intended to be aggressive toward anyone but it still hurt.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey, train them in whatever way to bring em down. If it can be done.... fine. If data shows ots less effective than biting then its a failure. And who the MOTHER FU*K thought of this nonsense?!?! If they are getting paid for it WHO is funding them?!?!

jbrumberg

I call it muzzle punching. My 90 pound female german shepard can put a hurtin' on you when she does it while in 4WD. Jay

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It is the North Wales police, and the 'Gogs' are even more weird than the rest of the Welsh people! Nothing suprises me about the Welsh anymore, I live in West Wales and they are definitely a different breed from the English, but the countryside in lovely.

JimR

Charter Member
Aye be it they be a little screwed up over than in the middle of the water. Seems if'n they would rather not be to hurting a criminal now would they.

My idea would be to let the dog chew the criminal up. Once chewed, he may never return to crime.