• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SW64 Question #2

W30bob

Hi again,

Can someone tell me what this hole in the floor, bracket and T-handle clamp are for? There's 2 of them, both on the driver's left side. They look like they clamp something to the floor, but why the big hole.......and what did they clamp?

thanks,
bob

Attachments

• Forum2.jpg
    Forum2.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 165

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i think it clamps your missing floor down. i didn't have your model but the clamps look the same

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There should be a round metal plug with rubber bonded to one side. It’s a drain
With the plugs in barring no other holes it should be reasonably water tight.

W30bob

Drain plugs. Huh. Now that makes sense! I didn't find any other holes in the hull (so far).....and I do remember reading somewhere that these things are supposed to be water-tight-ish. Sounds like something I want to make......if anyone has a pic of one I'd sure appreciate seeing it. In the mean time I'll grab two big rubber corks from the Chem Lab at work and glue them to round metal discs and stick them in there. Thanks for that answer. Now I feel kind of dumb for asking.

regards,
bob