• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

spooky160

Glad to be here. I am 52 years old and a retired Navy Submarine Force Chief Petty Officer (I retired in 2002)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Spooky. I'm an ex Navy man myself. I served on the USS Butte AE-27, an ammo supply ship.
Submarine duty takes a special type. How many years did you server aboard a sub?

spooky160

I served 4 years on the USS Michigan, 4 years on the USS West 'by God' Virginia, and 1.5 years on teh USS Kentucky. BTW Greg (BigDog) is my week day roomate

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can attest to him being Spooky too! Mirrors ain't his friend .......... :yum::yum:

:poke:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome aboard!

Thanks for your service. I almost went with subs (I joined the Navy on delayed enlistment for their nuclear power program). Well, after further consideration, I didn't like the fact it was a 6-year program and I'd spend my time in the bowels of a ship/sub watching the reactors. So, I got out of that and joined the Marines.

BTW Greg (BigDog) is my week day roomate
Sorry to hear that... :smileywac :puke1: :pat: (Just kidding Greg)