• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

If the draft is reenacted ....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Imagine for a second that the draft has been reenacted.

Should women be included? Possibly with limited assignments, but in general should the draft include both men and women, or just men as it was in the 40's 50's, 60's and 70's?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
If the draft doesn't exist, why did I have to register with Selective Service when I turned 18 in '89? :confused2:

dzalphakilo

Banned
Doc, funny, I was thinking along the same lines per your other thread about the draft, but went a little more with it.

What if they had a draft and no one showed up?

Thinking about it more, I honestly believe it is due to the "time" and not the "war". Think about it. We had a draft for Vietnam, but we don't for the sandbox?

I honestly think that if they enacted the draft, they couldn't carry it out.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
If they re institute the draft, the first ones to be drafted should be the children of the president and vice president and who ever else got us in this mess over there.

mak2

All I know is I go back right after the old women and small children. I had to register for the draft while I was on active duty in the Marine Corps in the early 80's. Damn I am old.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
REDDOGTWO said:
If they re institute the draft, the first ones to be drafted should be the children of the president and vice president and who ever else got us in this mess over there.

Yeah, like that would happen. Those brats would never get even a look, same with the other politcians kids and family. I can see Bushes spoiled little girls in cammy.............