• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Mods

Bait Guy

Here's my tucker with its new load to carry around. It also has 16 inch rams to stabilize on the ice. I hope to pull fish houses off the lakes here in Minnesota, but really no ice in the southern part yet. Thats a 30 thousand lb hydraulic winch in the back with a 10000 one on the front. The boom either goes up or down and extends up to 4 feet more.

Attachments

• petia1.jpg
    petia1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 354
  • petia2.jpg
    petia2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 353
  • petia6.jpg
    petia6.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 349
  • Petia4.jpg
    Petia4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 343
  • Petia3.jpg
    Petia3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 346
  • petia5.jpg
    petia5.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 343

Kristi Kt-4

Very nice looking setup and install! Did you pull shacks last winter? Is the wrecker unit factory built or homemade? Just curious.... what is the green machine in your shop? I pulled about 35 shacks last winter with good success.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
:smile:Bait Guy, The boom and winch setup looks good. It will be neat to see how it works. The Tucker is looking good , Im glad you were able to recomission her. Great Job!! Wakeupcall. :smile:

Bait Guy

No I have not pulled any houses yet. I bought this from Wakeupcall (Kyle) and had this idea for a few years now. I understand some years will be bleak at best but even if it doesn't get a lot of use, it's just cool to look at. The green machine is a 45K generator just in case. The winch is completly homemade but done very well so. Cost was quite high but in this case I did not want to cut any corners.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bait Guy,

Any chance you could tow it up to the UP in Febuary for the snow cat clowder at the big Powder Horn ski lodge? No one got stuck last year, but wow it would be very nice if your rig was up there in Febuary. A rescue rig for the old cats....Cool set up, bet it will work well. I am south of you and wishing for some snow. nearly 60 here today and Saturday as well.

Regards, Kirk

Bait Guy

Well, if in Feb we have no snow, its a possibility. Normally fish houses must be off the last day of Feb, so hopefully this year the snow will be getting deep and deeper as time goes on. Temps this weekend will be in the 40's so our ice will be just about gone, but it's still early. Since buying this earlier in the year, I've yet been able to drive on snow, less alone pulling of any kind. If I was to have a wish come true it would be a storm that would drop a foot or two of that white stuff. Hell maybe I should move to Buffalo NY :biggrin::brows:

snowbird

Good looking rig!
I'm not far from you in southern Minnesota. Do you know of any get-
togethers nearby like the UP for those of us not able to journey that far?

Bait Guy

No I don't, but wish there was something around here close. I have my shop on Lake Sakatah, I wonder if something could come out of that? Maybe a snowmoblile race or show and have a few cats around giving rides or pulling sleds around. Just a thought

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Bait Guy and Snow Bird. there is a Gtg worth attending in the U.P. this season.

300 H and H Will be driving right by you guys on the way if you like to car pool or convoy.

Basically Lake superior dumps snow all over Ironwood and the surrounding area. and we meet there to play in it first weekend in Feb.

Last year we took a trail ride to dinner one day ( literally through two towns and past wardens and state patrols who merely waved) and did a trail ride in the deep enough snow to make getting out to clear trees a challenge.

The best part of all of it was our Host. Powder horn ski lodge allowed us the use of the entire mountain to parade around and play groomer operator for the day. In addition to that we got lessons in the Hills bad ass machines with tillers and computers and blades.... I am sure that might not be everyones thing but that incline and HP had my attention. wanting to stand on the windshield should be reserved for roller coasters.

Im hoping we won't need a tow truck along but it would be cool just the same. Love the mofifications...

Mike

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Bait Guy and Snow Bird. there is a Gtg worth attending in the U.P. this season.

300 H and H Will be driving right by you guys on the way if you like to car pool or convoy.

Basically Lake superior dumps snow all over Ironwood and the surrounding area. and we meet there to play in it first weekend in Feb.

Last year we took a trail ride to dinner one day ( literally through two towns and past wardens and state patrols who merely waved) and did a trail ride in the deep enough snow to make getting out to clear trees a challenge.

The best part of all of it was our Host. Powder horn ski lodge allowed us the use of the entire mountain to parade around and play groomer operator for the day. In addition to that we got lessons in the Hills bad ass machines with tillers and computers and blades.... I am sure that might not be everyones thing but that incline and HP had my attention. wanting to stand on the windshield should be reserved for roller coasters.

Im hoping we won't need a tow truck along but it would be cool just the same. Love the mofifications...

Mike

snowbird

UP is too far away for me, but sounds like fun.
To Bait Guy: Some good ideas. I think there's some sort of gathering near Hope Minnesota in January. I'll try to keep you posted.