• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1980 ARTIC CAT QUAD TRAC

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
I had never seen one of these before. Anybody have any info on these?
I am thinking about buying it but dont know what it is worth?

"1980 ARTIC CAT QUAD TRAC. GROOMING SNOWCAT. THIS IS A VERY RARE MACHINE, THERE IS VERY LITTLE INFO ABOUT THIS MACHINE, EVEN ON THE WEB. IT HAS A 440 SPIRIT MOTOR, 2 GEARS AND REVERSE. IT HAS HYDRULICS FRONT AND REAR. IT IS AN ARTICULATING CAT THAT TURNS USING YOUR MUSCLE. NEAT RARE MACHINE."

Attachments

• 3ka3pa3od5V45W15S5a81e298635ceeb01df7.jpg
    3ka3pa3od5V45W15S5a81e298635ceeb01df7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2,008
  • 3m53od3l35T05Q45X3a81c67a41858741127e.jpg
    3m53od3l35T05Q45X3a81c67a41858741127e.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 2,040

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen pics of them i would have some stability concern's about the steering mikht be a little tipy in turns just like the old pug's were. cool looking little rig like the old tracksters but i'm not haw practical a tracked vehicle in that size class is.

brianf

his asking price of $2500 is very reasonable, you do not find them for sale very often and have seen them sell as high as $8000 with the factory groomer

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had never seen one of these before. Anybody have any info on these?
I am thinking about buying it but dont know what it is worth?

"1980 ARTIC CAT QUAD TRAC. GROOMING SNOWCAT. THIS IS A VERY RARE MACHINE, THERE IS VERY LITTLE INFO ABOUT THIS MACHINE, EVEN ON THE WEB. IT HAS A 440 SPIRIT MOTOR, 2 GEARS AND REVERSE. IT HAS HYDRULICS FRONT AND REAR. IT IS AN ARTICULATING CAT THAT TURNS USING YOUR MUSCLE. NEAT RARE MACHINE."

we have had them and they ride like a Tank there is NO suspension what so ever and parts are getting very hard to come by. they are cool looking though

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
his asking price of $2500 is very reasonable, you do not find them for sale very often and have seen them sell as high as $8000 with the factory groomer

Not a really good deal if the tracks are rotted... Don't know if you can find replacements without robbing a bank....