• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Happy Easter!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I just returned from one of those 'mega-churches' Easter production my step mother dragged us to and, you know what, I really enjoyed the service. It was one of those service that had a Christian rock band performing throughout much of the service with what appeared to be a half million dollars in sound and production equipment on stage. The talent of the female lead singer was to the point that I'm sure she could win American Idol. I have no clue who she is but their method of mixing Christian rock with interludes of scripture reading really seemed to work.

Best of all, they had it down to an art in moving people in and out and making new people, like me, feel welcome and not pressured. I just wanted to say that I honestly enjoyed the service. Take it how you will, but that is one of the first times I can say that I really enjoyed a church service. It was well planned, well rehearsed and was limited to one hour (to the minute). I left smiling into the beautiful sunshine. I'm leaving now to enjoy family Easter together and eat until I sleep. Just wanted to wish everyone else a Happy Easter and hope you have had a good day as have I. :flowers:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Best wishes for you to Brent. May your day be great with your family and God Bless. :thumb:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Easter to everyone as well. I'm having an up-and-down day.

Went to visit some friends for a very nice lunch. Good thing.
Got a call from Mrs. Zoom that the tranny on the van is making all kinds of noise (and she's still 200 miles away). Bad thing.
When leaving friends house, saw a muskrat in his yard. Was able to hit it on first shot at a respectable range with my carry gun (Kimber 1911). Good thing.
Had to mow the lawn (but felt guilty for the noise I was making on Easter). Bad thing.

Hoping the rest of the day goes well and the family makes it home without incident.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
We had the 6:00 am wake-up from a very excited 7 year old. She had her sister and I up and outside collecting eggs by 6:30am.

There's nothing cuter than excited kids on holidays. She must have jumped about 3 feet in the air when she saw the monster chocolate egg the easter bunny left her. I'm sure the egg is paper thin but it's the size that matters at that age.

Glad you had a good church service Dargo. I skipped out 'cause I would have had to help my wife with Sunday school and for some reason chasing wires in my house seemed like a more urgent matter. :whistle:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Brent, did that production happen to be Messiah?
If so, I've been wanting to see it again.

Nice little family gathering for me after church, ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus and cherry angel food cake.
Oh and only 1 Cadbury Cream egg, normally I can throw back 2 at once. lol

working woman

Site Supporter
:clap: To much food and to much sunshine! Was busy riding around on a go cart with the nieces and nephews and got just a little sunburned! We had a blast.

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
Happy Easter! As none of my family lives in WI, we spent the day with my wife's family. We chatted, we played basketball, we prayed, we ate, we drank, and we didn't need to have anyone preaching to us at all! Great day!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Easter! As none of my family lives in WI, we spent the day with my wife's family. We chatted, we played basketball, we prayed, we ate, we drank, and we didn't need to have anyone preaching to us at all! Great day!

You said something I think is important to me; you said you didn't have anyone preaching to you. To be honest, if it doesn't put me to sleep, it generally annoys me to have someone going off on some tangent about their interpretation of some sentence in the bible. I can do without that. I actually do, do without that. I won't go. This service was more of a production that was really well setup, extremely well organized and I never felt that anyone was "preaching" to me. The preacher read one or two paragraphs in 'layman' language from Corinthians about Jesus rising from the dead and that is why we celebrate Easter. Other than that, it was just sort of like a rocking Christian concert.

That small 'preaching' that didn't really feel like preaching taught me more than the last dozen times or two that I attended a church service. I didn't know Corinthians 15 is where the origins of Easter is mentioned. Now I do. The short "did you know" style they used was fine with me. But, like you said, if I had someone preaching to me, even for an hour, it would have really turned me off. As it was, I enjoyed the production. Good point Rob.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Brent, did that production happen to be Messiah?
If so, I've been wanting to see it again.

Nice little family gathering for me after church, ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus and cherry angel food cake.
Oh and only 1 Cadbury Cream egg, normally I can throw back 2 at once. lol

I really don't know. I need to find out what the production was. It was extremely well organized and no expenses were spared in their production equipment. Now I wish I wore my glasses since I've been told that the female lead singer who I mentioned had a great voice was Miss Indiana or Miss (some other state) in the last 10 years. With my vision and where I was, all I could tell was that she was a petite female with dark hair. :sad:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I really don't know. I need to find out what the production was. It was extremely well organized and no expenses were spared in their production equipment. Now I wish I wore my glasses since I've been told that the female lead singer who I mentioned had a great voice was Miss Indiana or Miss (some other state) in the last 10 years. With my vision and where I was, all I could tell was that she was a petite female with dark hair. :sad:
Well.. having read over your description of it, what you saw was probably on a smaller scale?

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20100326/FEAT04/303269927/-1/FEAT11