• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Russia says Monsanto could lead to war

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
And I <could> win a gazillion dollars tomorrow.
I don't think it's so much that they would do it, but it's more that EVERYONE seems to know now bad this stuff is and our government is doing everything to protect them. It's all about money in the pockets of a few regardless of the hazards that you, me and the rest of the world face. Surely you see that don't you?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, I don't.

I see they've increased crop yield and help feed the world. I don't buy into the "could" theory on anything.

Like global warming, CO2 emissions, Freon 12 and the ozone layer's power to protect us from all sorts of bad things, ice caps melting away forever, the value of hybrids or wind power, running out of oil, oil came from dinosaurs, and on and on. All distractions that show human arrogance.

My opinion; shoot me. At least that would be definitive.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, I don't.

I see they've increased crop yield and help feed the world. I don't buy into the "could" theory on anything.

Like global warming, CO2 emissions, Freon 12 and the ozone layer's power to protect us from all sorts of bad things, ice caps melting away forever, the value of hybrids or wind power, running out of oil, oil came from dinosaurs, and on and on. All distractions that show human arrogance.

My opinion; shoot me. At least that would be definitive.

Maybe so, maybe so. However, if neonicotinoids are causing massive bee die-offs, and there seems to be a lot of evidence
that they are, it would be a very good idea to put them back on the shelf and keep looking for another way to control the
real pests. If the bees disappear, so does all our food, and hence, so do we! :sad:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
There's that "maybe" stuff and "if" stuff again.

Show me rock hard science, such as - "It was 80 degrees Fahrenheit in Saint Joseph Michigan's weather reporting station at 1pm eastern time on July 4, 2013"

Many many years ago, it was said the economy would crash if horseless carriages put the horse-shit-picker-uppers out of work.

Over 100 years ago, 50% of all workers had something to with farming; now it's 1-2%. All of the crap that could have happened as each enhancement came to be, and none came true.

Tell you what, tell me what the loto numbers are this Wednesday, and if I win, I'll become a maybe/could/if person.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I don’t know about all of that waybomb, but with respect to neonicotinoids there are plenty of studies (available on the Internet) that tie them to the decline of bees. Lots of them. It’s my understanding that the neonicotinoids don’t kill the bee directly, but impair the bee’s directional abilities, thus making it difficult for them to nest/hive. So I guess it would be pretty difficult for someone to provide “proof” that the products are killing the bees directly.

Now does a smoking gun exist today? I don’t know, maybe not. But the connection between lung related diseases and smoking didn’t exist for many years either, yet one would have to be blind not to have made the connection.

I believe that Monsanto is far more interested in the growth and prosperity of their company than they are of mine or that of the general public. These kinds of suspicions are easy to come by when you watch Monsanto fight so hard to keep the public blind to their practices.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
For the bee die off problem I would worry more about invasive species such as Africanized bees I called about bees in my yard hoping that they would be moved however because they were Africanized the beeman killed them.
I have mixed feelings about genetically hybrid food but it seems here to stay.
For those who worry about lack of bee pollination here is something to check out:
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/robobee-robotic-pollinators-to-replace.html

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
there are plenty of studies (available on the Internet) that tie them to the decline of bees. Lots of them.

I believe that Monsanto is far more interested in the growth and prosperity of their company than they are of mine or that of the general public. These kinds of suspicions are easy to come by when you watch Monsanto fight so hard to keep the public blind to their practices.

internet - yup, like Algores hockey stick, and all the studies linking CO2 to rising temperatures, which really haven't risen at all. There are so many studies contradicting each other, how can you believe any of them? Remember Saccharine? And coffee is bad for you. And don't drink red wine. And on and on. If you listened to every study showing something is bad, you would have dies years ago from starvation. There's no link to bees through Monsanto.

As to Monsanto keeping trade secrets and only worrying about making money - first, and company with unique products developed by their R&D team will keep their secrets, well, secrets. Secrets can't be secrets without being secret.

As for caring about other things than money, that's a stretch that that is all they about. Talking points that are thin air. Let me ask you this - if two public companies have available stock, which would you buy - the one that ism "greedy" as liberals call them, or one that says, awe, hell with, we don;t need money, that's why we have no shareholder returns?

You guys are all blinded by the purported evilness of Monsanto.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
internet - yup, like Algores hockey stick, and all the studies linking CO2 to rising temperatures, which really haven't risen at all. There are so many studies contradicting each other, how can you believe any of them? Remember Saccharine? And coffee is bad for you. And don't drink red wine. And on and on. If you listened to every study showing something is bad, you would have dies years ago from starvation. There's no link to bees through Monsanto.

As to Monsanto keeping trade secrets and only worrying about making money - first, and company with unique products developed by their R&D team will keep their secrets, well, secrets. Secrets can't be secrets without being secret.

As for caring about other things than money, that's a stretch that that is all they about. Talking points that are thin air. Let me ask you this - if two public companies have available stock, which would you buy - the one that ism "greedy" as liberals call them, or one that says, awe, hell with, we don;t need money, that's why we have no shareholder returns?

Here is a paragraph by Wikipedia.
The use of some members of this class has been restricted in some countries due to evidence of a connection to honey-bee colony collapse disorder.[4][5] In January 2013, the European Food Safety Authority stated that neonicotinoids pose an unacceptably high risk to bees, and that the industry-sponsored science upon which regulatory agencies' claims of safety have relied may be flawed.
Rest of it here.

When I said that Monsanto works so hard to keep American's blind I didn't mean that they were hiding their secrets. I meant their continued efforts to keep wording off their products that identifies the product as one grown with modified seeds.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter

Here is a paragraph by Wikipedia.
The use of some members of this class has been restricted in some countries due to evidence of a connection to honey-bee colony collapse disorder.[4][5] In January 2013, the European Food Safety Authority stated that neonicotinoids pose an unacceptably high risk to bees, and that the industry-sponsored science upon which regulatory agencies' claims of safety have relied may be flawed.
Rest of it here.

When I said that Monsanto works so hard to keep American's blind I didn't mean that they were hiding their secrets. I meant their continued efforts to keep wording off their products that identifies the product as one grown with (GMO) modified seeds.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
And Algore shows a connection with CO2 and AGW. So what?

Back to Saccharine. There was a connection. Decimated that business. Until that connection was shown not be a connection at all.

There are soooo many other things that have connections. Gonna ban them all?