• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

where did you find your cat?

punchrf

i'm new to this site and have been actively searching high and low for a thiokol spryte or imp. i would like to restore one myself as i have not seen one for sale that i would consider done to the point where i wouldn't tear it down and redo a good portion so i would like to do an extensive tear down so that i could also get familiar with my cat. the only problem is i can't find one. i'm to the point of going to local mountainous areas and sightseeing through neighborhoods and local utilities storage yards to try and stumble across such a project and try to talk the owner into selling. how did you find your's?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to these forums !

Where are you located ?

Do you check Craig's List or the Resort Boneyard ?

Ebay has several right now. Type in Snowcat as one word and you see an imp and a Spryte. Check out Peterson equipment.com too. You might try Bill Gunthrie at Sno Trans as he probably know of several that fit the make, model and condition you are looking for.

punchrf

Welcome to these forums !

Where are you located ?

Do you check Craig's List or the Resort Boneyard ?

been checking both everyday. i'm in redding,ca. doesn't snow here but does every direction within 15 miles of here. i have mt shasta and mt lassen within 45 minutes of me and it appears there are a limited amount of cats in this area or they are being held onto. i'm willing to go pick it up on the east coast or canada and still having trouble finding one.

punchrf

Ebay has several right now. Type in Snowcat as one word and you see an imp and a Spryte. Check out Peterson equipment.com too. You might try Bill Gunthrie at Sno Trans as he probably know of several that fit the make, model and condition you are looking for.

i saw 2 thiokol's on ebay but trying to stay away from the wide track since i will have to transport it to find snow and kinda turned off by the imp and the limited info on it. without being able to see it before i buy it i would like to have an extensive amount of info and the seller appears to be an equipment dealer. they were added to my watched item's about 4 days ago but hoping to see the price go down before i become willing to buy either one. i'm going to being visiting my sister in idaho for thanksgiving so i may try to contact the seller and make a detour to salt lake while in route to take a peek.

While in Idaho go see Bill Gunthrie at Sno Trans!!! I've never made it there myself, yet, but it is a must see place for the snow cat enthusiast. He is located in Weiser. He mainly deals in snowcats that are in top condition but I'm sure he knows of several rebuild projects if that is what you are looking for. www.snotrans.com

by the way there is a thiokol project near your location . Orland I found on Craigslist. I know it's not what you are looking for but just an example of what's out there.

Have you searched through the cats for sale on this forum? There have been several for sale in the last year.

punchrf

While in Idaho go see Bill Gunthrie at Sno Trans!!! I've never made it there myself, yet, but it is a must see place for the snow cat enthusiast. He is located in Weiser. He mainly deals in snowcats that are in top condition but I'm sure he knows of several rebuild projects if that is what you are looking for. www.snotrans.com

by the way there is a thiokol project near your location . Orland I found on Craigslist. I know it's not what you are looking for but just an example of what's out there.

Have you searched through the cats for sale on this forum? There have been several for sale in the last year.

saw the post for the ones located in orland. looking for a cat for backcountry snowboarding/skiing and also cabin access so i need to have a people mover or at least a flat bed that i can convert to larger cab over time. those cat's did catch my interest though. thanks for the links to those sites. gives me more to check on a daily basis. i have cat fever bad. my screensaver at work and home are snowcats, my phone is snowcat and hundreds of pages of literature on thiokol projects have been banished to the garage cause my wife is sick of hearing about snowcat's.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thiokols are good cats simple ad reliable you may wnt to look into snow tracs they are much lighter and get around good with the 1600 vw motor snow tracs have seating for 6 they can be cramped with that many but that's what they are rated at like thiokols snow tracs are simple and reliable when treated right

punchrf

i've grown kind of partial to the thiokol looks. i don't understand as much about vw engines as the more domestic motors like ford. my best friend is a mechanic and specializes in domestic type engines so it only seems like a logical choice to steer in that direction. that and when i saw the snowcat in the shining years ago it has intrigued me ever since.

northeastheavy

Try Brad at Minnesotaoutdoors.com. He can find you anything and has lots of Thiokols and Bombardiers!!! Check out his inventory!!! He is a pleasure to deal with!!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Check ebay, also look around the Lake Tahoe area, seems that there are often classified ads for snowcats in that area because so many people buy/sell mountain cabins.

punchrf

been looking through all the suggestions. looks like there may be more out there than my original searches were turning up.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
In my case I put a couple of Ads in Snowcat sites about 7 years ago . I still get calls of ones for sale . Just listed a Snow Trac last week for a guy . Once I decided that I had to have a Kristi KT7 I started looking hard . Found the one and only KT7 in existence in Colorado and the rest is history .It was in rough shape .

Found the KT3 #113 by just being observant .

Attachments

• KT7-10.jpg
    KT7-10.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Kristi-KT7.jpg
    Kristi-KT7.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Copy (2) of KT3 003.jpg
    Copy (2) of KT3 003.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 213