• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2012 Bayliner 215 BR Blue

RSS User

Posted by: lhmarina

Description: 2012 Bayliner 215 BR BlueOverall Length 20'6"Beam 8'2"People Capacity 9Approximate weight 2,838 lbs.Draft max 3'1"Deadrise 20 degreesFuel capacity 37 gal.Price 33,085Prep 720Freight 2,000Total Price 35,805Engine Options:4.3L MPI MERCRUISER ALPHA I CARB COMPLIANT (220 HP) Options:BOW WELL/COCKPIT COVER- $857COCKPIT CARPET RUNNERS- $443DIGITAL DEPTH INDICATOR- $307STAINLESS STEEL TRIM UPGRADE PACKAGE: $357 SWIM PLATFORM - EXTENDED- $807 PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PACKAGE-Bimini top with boot & black deck gel stripe. $686SPORT SEATING- $729
Boat Loans By Excel Credit.

More...

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
People Capacity 9

Cute boat but how you gonna get 9 people on it?

DSC01435.JPG

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a RSS feed so don't expect a response.

The answer is (since I had a similar boat)
3 in the open bow
4 in main seats
2 in jump seats
9 total.

With a 4.3 engine and weighing 2800 pounds, It must struggle getting up on plane. I had a 5.7 (that's a 350, right?) in mine at 2000# which would do it.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I wasn't expecting an answer BC, I was just sayin... mostly for the benefit of those of us who would rather not drown on a 20' boat with 9 people on it... :yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Who would buy an Bayliner?
Easy now, it could happen. :smile: They're not bad entry level boats. Gets you on the water for not a lot of bucks. I've actually have 3 of them in the past. (not all at once) Two that I bought used and one that I bought brand new. The new one was pretty fun boat with a big V8 and Volvo duo prop. Hauled the mail! Wouldn't buy one now but it was OK back then.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bayliner used to have a good name. That was 35+ years ago when I worked at a marina. I haven't followed them since. Sounds like they've gone down the tubes.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Wouldn't buy one now but it was OK back then.
What I meant by this was not that they're bad boats because I don't think they have gone up or down on the quality scale. They were always a lesser quality boat and probably will continue to be, but not everyone wants to own a Sea Ray.

When I said I wouldn't own one now I only meant that quality means more to me now than just having a boat that will get me on the water. And I can afford a better boat now than what I could afford back in my Bayliner days.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cute boat but how you gonna get 9 people on it?

It's a RSS feed so don't expect a response.

The answer is (since I had a similar boat)
3 in the open bow
4 in main seats
2 in jump seats
9 total.

With a 4.3 engine and weighing 2800 pounds, It must struggle getting up on plane. I had a 5.7 (that's a 350, right?) in mine at 2000# which would do it.

I have a Rinker Captiva 212 and I can put 9 adults in it easy. I have the 5.7 260PHP and fully loaded it does pretty good. That 4.3 if propped right would too.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That 4.3 if propped right would too.
Yea, but with a 17 or 19 pitch, it'll get up on plane but will top out at about 20 knots.

With the 5.7, I would run a 21 or 23 and max out at 53MPH.