• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up at Dawn's crack this morning at camp. Worked our butts off getting the camper ready to haul out. This is the first time hauling the camper with the new f150. That 3.5l 10 speed was made to tow. Barely broke a sweat getting up to speed and barely felt it behind at 65mph. It's also very stable. Very windy today and I was able to keep it straight with ease. The old truck was a white knuckle experience. I suspect that the expedition will haul just as easily with the same engine and tranny combo.

Once I got the camper home, we went to work swapping out the mattress in the front bedroom, washing the exterior including the awning, and getting the water tank filled. We hit the road Wednesday morning. Tomorrow I'm bringing the camper in to get the bearings repacked.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So it poured yesterday making things very humid. 6pm and the first time I sat down today. I was in town running errands this morning then physio at noon. After that I built a couple small steps for the camper to get up into bed easier. Then I built a storage box to hold lawnchairs on the tongue. Then I installed and serviced the scooter lift onto the back. Almost ready to hit the road tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I had a cold, bad cough. Thought I had it under control then it got bad again. Went to Quick Care last Saturday and they thought Bronchitis. They gave meds but they were not working. I was getting worse. Went to Dr. today, she thinks it's pneumonia. And I have to agree. It feel just like the pneumonia I had two years ago. Crap. Cat scam tomorrow to verify since xray was questionable.

rugerman

Another bad day at dialysis, Saturday they could only get me stick to work with my new fistula, every tech and nurse tried at least once, nothing but clots, today same problem clots kept stopping up the needles, I got stuck a dozen times, same problem clots. Tomorrow I go to the hospital to let the surgeon try to clear all those clots, this will be the second fistula in my left arm that failed due to clots, if he can’t clear the clots I am going to give up, left hand is useless, right hand is not too far behind I have really enjoyed being on the forum with all my invisible friends. Thanks David

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Another bad day at dialysis, Saturday they could only get me stick to work with my new fistula, every tech and nurse tried at least once, nothing but clots, today same problem clots kept stopping up the needles, I got stuck a dozen times, same problem clots. Tomorrow I go to the hospital to let the surgeon try to clear all those clots, this will be the second fistula in my left arm that failed due to clots, if he can’t clear the clots I am going to give up, left hand is useless, right hand is not too far behind I have really enjoyed being on the forum with all my invisible friends. Thanks David

So sorry to hear you continue to have problems. I hope the surgeon can help.

Jim

rugerman

Discussed it with my wife, she isn’t happy with it but said the final decision is mine, it’s according to what happens with the clot removal,

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Discussed it with my wife, she isn’t happy with it but said the final decision is mine, it’s according to what happens with the clot removal,

Do they have you on blood thinners to prevent the clots from forming? I had DVT 15 years ago. Blood clots in my leg veins. One of them broke loose and blocked the blood flow to my left eye. I’m on eliquis now and have had no more problems. Theres a set of side effects though.

Jim

rugerman

They tried blood thinners, I had blood in my urine on the second day, reduced the dose by half , still blood in urine, surgeon said that they should instead increase my heparin dose, and that has been working until now, with a new fistula they start off with 17 gauge needles, then after a week with those really small needles they go to 16’s and now I am on 15’s which is the normal dialysis needle size. My dad had the same problem, they never could stabilize him on blood thinners.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Blood thinners suck. They could never get my numbers stable on warfarin so I was put on care xarelto. The warfarin was also making my hair fall out in clumps.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jury duty.

Then to the fencing club to give a private lesson.

And, if the attic fan arrives that UPS claims will be delivered sometime today, that might be a late night project for me after the sun is long down and is no longer heating up the roof. My old fan failed, this is a direct swap of the same model. Everything is in place, controller is ready, even the ladder is set up to access the attic hatch. So it should be a quick 15 minute job of pulling out the old and setting in the new.

Then again, it might actually be more comfortable to do this swap at 7am tomorrow morning after a somewhat cooler night?

Either way I'm going to be sweating despite the fact that it should to be a very quick job.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Rugerman, Brian, Jim, I do hope you guys all do better soon.

Reading your posts makes me worry about getting old.:UtOh2:

rugerman

To day I went back to the hospital to let my surgeon try to declot my new fistula, Saturday I got stuck 8 Dr 10 times and they got a needle clogging clot each time, same thing Tuesday, surgeon did the declot , now we wait 3 weeks to see if it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

rugerman

Thank you Doc, my surgeon is pretty sure that he fixed the problem, but he wants us to give it 3 weeks for the clots to clear. Rough day at dialysis today, on a normal day I have 2 or 3 kilograms of fluid to remove, but due to the clots I had a bit over 6 today, almost made it, should be able to get the rest Saturday plus anything that I gain between now and Saturday.

rugerman

Well my perm catheter does’t want To run now, had to reverse lines several times and it was running real slow, lines clotted off once but I didn’t make my goal (due to them having to run a saline drip to help prevent another clotting issue. The dialysis nurse checked with the surgeon and he told her that if on Tuesday they have problems with the perm-catheter that they can try and stick me and hope that the clots are cleared. If clots are still a problem I have decided to stop dialysis (yes I discussed it with my wife, she is not happy with the idea, but she admits that the final decision is mine.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
Sure hope it gets better for you and real soon. You hang in there!!!!! Wishing you all the best!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well my perm catheter does’t want To run now, had to reverse lines several times and it was running real slow, lines clotted off once but I didn’t make my goal (due to them having to run a saline drip to help prevent another clotting issue. The dialysis nurse checked with the surgeon and he told her that if on Tuesday they have problems with the perm-catheter that they can try and stick me and hope that the clots are cleared. If clots are still a problem I have decided to stop dialysis (yes I discussed it with my wife, she is not happy with the idea, but she admits that the final decision is mine.
You take care. My thoughts are with you and your wife. That's never an easy decision.

On my health situation, things have been going better but I generally don't hurt as much in the summer. Even my nerve related problems have taken a break. But, any injury or even scratch in my left leg will trigger a flare up causing my leg and foot to have bad muscle spasms and severe burning pain. Well, the other night, it was totally dark heading to my camper and I tumbled over a small metal fence and went face first into crushed gravel. My left leg took the brunt of the injury. Now my entire leg and foot is burning. Not to mention that my back took a good impact and hurts. Not to mention that I'm doing this trip on half my pain meds because the states are behind the times and don't allow certain medically prescribed medications across the border. They'd rather have half the population strung out on opioids. But that's a topic for another time.

92aed527bc637897fefc506f68876e4f.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Im just headed to the shop to build a steel security door and frame for the cabin. I feel lucky after reading the last couple of posts. You never know what cards life is going to deal you even when your minding your own business not looking for trouble. Ive taken my lumps over the years. I wish you guys god speed in healing up. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ruger, my heart and thoughts are with you and your family.

Brian! Good Lord!
You know what to do about that nasty scratch.
You can't get a break.
Some vacation, huh?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell me about it. Between the rain and injuries, it's been as fun as diarrhea. But hey, today is a new day. The sun is shining. We're all here in relatively one piece. We're taking the kids to an amusement park soon.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Tell me about it. Between the rain and injuries, it's been as fun as diarrhea. But hey, today is a new day. The sun is shining. We're all here in relatively one piece. We're taking the kids to an amusement park soon.

This was the last hand of bad cards ( pun intended ) when I was minding my own business and the dogs got into a fight. ( knock on wood ) I couldn't move my fingers for 2 months or use it for 6 months.

Attachments

• photo-176.jpg
    photo-176.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.