• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

finding someone to haul cat from ca to co

spencerhenry

looking at buying a cat in california but the trucking companies are quoting ridiculous numbers, like $4 a mile. for that much i will do it myself. anyone have someone to call, or want to do it?

spencerhenry

posted it on uship, one quote of 3200, one for 2700.

50 miles off I-80, to offload on I-70, total of about 950 miles

surely someone doesnt have to have $3 per mile for a partial truckload.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter

Don't go with uship! I'll save you the pain...I've lost thousands in cash from the hill-billy fly-by-night guys. They are careful in how they get their ratings...so you can't trust that either nor the guys with a 'fleet' of trucks... been there done that...like I said, I've lost thousands in cash and also in spare parts they've lifted off machines that were just boxes of spares. Granted, I did have a couple of good transactions but more often than not it was a disaster...whenever I used a proper broker...boom. I got either a better deal or as good and it was actually timely not these guys that will make you wait as they drop every other load on their way..and pick up... and.... every excuse under the sun. Then there are the guys that just do certain geographies... so I have a few guys that are not brokers that are good for certain areas.
I'll PM you.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Don't go with uship! I'll save you the pain...I've lost thousands in cash from the hill-billy fly-by-night guys. They are careful in how they get their ratings...so you can't trust that either nor the guys with a 'fleet' of trucks... been there done that...like I said, I've lost thousands in cash and also in spare parts they've lifted off machines that were just boxes of spares. Granted, I did have a couple of good transactions but more often than not it was a disaster...whenever I used a proper broker...boom. I got either a better deal or as good and it was actually timely not these guys that will make you wait as they drop every other load on their way..and pick up... and.... every excuse under the sun. Then there are the guys that just do certain geographies... so I have a few guys that are not brokers that are good for certain areas.
I'll PM you.

Hey Mainer, speaking of "Moves", how is that critter you got from up here coming along? Doing anything to it yet or still ugly?:whistling:

Inquiring minds want to know:yum:

Dr. Zaugg

What model cat do you need hauled? How wide is it? I have to go to Truckee and could haul it back for a buck.
Paul

luv2weld

SUPER Site Supporter
You got a truck that can pull a gooseneck trailer????
I've got a 40 foot double dovetail, triple axle.

Are the tracks wider than 8 feet??

I'm between Salida, Buena Vista and Hartsel.

Ralph

Peanutbutter

Hi, what kind of Snow cat are you wanting to haul back. use to buy, sell and repair machines, so I now them pretty well, I live in Mesa Colo. just off I-70, would be interested in hauling it depending, on what it is and how wide, give me a call 970-270-8771 thanks Wes

Peanutbutter

Depending on what it is and where you need it to go keep me in mind I will haul it farely cheap, if it isn't to far out of the way or if I am already going that way maybe I can help. We are in Colo. and sometimes we venture out. sometimes quite aways,