• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1202B

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK in the morning my plan is to go into the Thiokol excuse me the "General" and clean all the nooks and crannies with BigAl's tooth brush. Then I will put the interior back in for now. Now I will just be waiting for my Marine carpet and adhesive to show up for the next step on the inside. The outside will get buffed and waxed. Then the plywood will get replaced on the rear deck.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well well well. Dont you have your panties all bunched up! Relax yak keeper.

Actually us Kristi Owners don't wear any . So many women want to be with us that it just takes to much time to keep removing them . You wouldn't know as you did not keep your superior KT3 long enough to find out . I heard there was that lonely sheep thing that you and Bob S. got in a 3 way love triangle over ,but thats another story . Whats a 45-70 ?? Sounds like some kind of a score for people that preferred Kristi's over Snot Tracs . Did I mention ..... Have a nice day :tiphat:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK in the morning my plan is to go into the Thiokol excuse me the "General" and clean all the nooks and crannies with BigAl's tooth brush. Then I will put the interior back in for now. Now I will just be waiting for my Marine carpet and adhesive to show up for the next step on the inside. The outside will get buffed and waxed. Then the plywood will get replaced on the rear deck.
Mike ,
Seriously for a minute . Are you using spray on adhesive ??? ITs about the best thing to use .

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm using what they reccomend for there carpet. I have some 3M spray on adhesive. Should I just use that instead?

Kristi .45
Snow Trac 70

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
3M is damn good stuff as long as you use the right stuff . They make a whole lot of different spray on glues for various uses . I prefer spray on glues to anything I have used so far .

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ,Lets see if I got this right . Until you got this "Pickle 1202B" The KT3 was the only snow cat you had running ..... You sold that to buy fake white fur to go around the mirror on your broke down SnotMaster which is a Clown Car for a circus act . The closest it got to running this year was when you sat in the drivers seat and your wife dropped "torn up newpaper" on the windshield to simulate snow while you listened to "varoom sounds" on your old 8 track player .
So it looks to me that old peddle Kristi Snow Cat was about the best thing you had going .

Did I mention to have a Nice Day :moon:

BigAl bigal bigal. My Snow Master has always run. Infact it ran with over thirty years of straight use and no TLC. Now I am here to give her the love she needs. A new fresh coat of paint. Nice shiney engine. and a Yak to eat this coming January in some place called Elk City, Idaho! :thumb: :moon: :fart2:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well I went out and pressure washed the inside one more time. I cleaned and reinstalled the seats. The seats are not completely bolted in. I am waiting for my marine carpet to come in. Also I think I will spray bed liner on the floor and the cross members on the walls and cieling. The marine grade carpet will go on the walls and ceiling inbetween the cross members.

Attachments

• DSCF0001 35.JPG
    DSCF0001 35.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF0002 33.JPG
    DSCF0002 33.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF0003 33.JPG
    DSCF0003 33.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF0004 26.JPG
    DSCF0004 26.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 172

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I ordered a new shift boot as well today. The aircleaner I bought is the wrong one so I need to go exchange that. Not much left to do on the inside for now. The back will get new plywood which I will spray with a commercial bed liner myself.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Today I contacted Peterson equipment (thanks MTNTOPPER for the suggestion) and recieved a faxed from them on the build sheet for my Thiokol. It was built in July 23 1969. It has a ford 200 CID Ford inline 6, New Process 435 4 speed transmission, Final drive unit: 6.14:1 ratio (does this make sense?) Outboard reduction is 2.40:1. This is pretty cool to actually get the production sheets for my very unit! Thanks angain MTNTOPPER!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, they (Petersons Equipment) are good to have around. I have gotten build sheets from them on most of my Thiokols and LMC's in the past. It is good to know how they left the factory and what has been added or changed in between. MAYBE???:yum:

nutsster

Looks like your really getting into it. You can paint the interior and replace the carpet so it will look something like this:
Copy of pics 020 Standard e-mail view.jpg

It's pretty easy to do and looks great when it's done. Looking at your project makes me want to find another cat to work on.:idea:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I just started to spray the bedliner on the inside. I will then install sound deadner on the walls and ceiling. The floor will also get bedliner and I will use a sound deadoning flooring that looks great as well. New front seats and maybe reupohlster the rear bench to match. I have discovered the rear bench seat needs to be raised about 2 1/2" to make it more comfortable for adults.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Here is what I am doing. The door has been sprayed with a bed liner material. I was suprised at how much it really knocked down the noise. To check I tap on the outside with my finger nail. It used to make a real tinny tink. Now its a dull thunk. Anyway you get the point. On top of the bed liner I will install sound deadoning panels.:thumb:

Before and After. The door is much quieter just with the bedliner sprayed on it. It will look very nice once the sound Deadoning panels are installed. I Hope!

Attachments

• DSCF0001 35.JPG
    DSCF0001 35.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF0001 36.JPG
    DSCF0001 36.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well today I will be buffing out the old faded paint. In the pics below you can see the diffrence. The lower righ corner was first rubbed out with rubbing compound then followed up with a buffing wax. Once the entire cat is done I will wash it one more time to remove any globs of rubbing compound and wax. Then I will lightly wax her one more time avoiding the areas wax can set into. IE nooks, crannies and seems ect. Hope the pics show the huge diffrence. In person it looks great!:thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF0001 37.JPG
    DSCF0001 37.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF0002 34.JPG
    DSCF0002 34.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 174

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Thiokol 1200

The neighbor of the man that bought the yellow thiokol with the big body off E-Bay from the State of Washington, has (2) really nice machines for sale. They are identical, but one says Thiokol Sprite, and the other says LMC 120. They both have big manboxes, full hydrolics, a front blade, and the tracks look like new as do the drive sprockets. One says 114 Hrs, the other says 400 Hrs. They appear very well maintained. The Sprite has some damaged tires. The place selling them is Puget Sound Truck, the owner is Dennis. It's an area 253 phone number. I don't know if he has a web site. No idea what he wants.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK I finished with the rubbing compound and then buffing it out. I am beat! I buffed it by hand then reapplied more wax then buffed it out with my buffer. The results were well worth the time invested! The paint actually looks "WET" again! I hope the pictures can show it. The sun is starting to go down so the light isnt the greatest.

Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Heres the pictures:

First two are of the cab. The third is what I vaccumed out from inside! I need to sift through it to see if any nuts and bolts were in all that crap.. I know there is some money! Not much but every penny helps.

Attachments

• DSCF0001 38.JPG
    DSCF0001 38.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF0002 35.JPG
    DSCF0002 35.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF0003 34.JPG
    DSCF0003 34.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 164

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
These are the before and after pictures. This is what it looked like when I picked her up. All faded and in need of a good cleaning inside. And now. I am not done. I still need to finish the inside. Re-clean all the windows. Clean each widow gasket or rubber. Then I will begin the changing of all the fluids. THEN she will be put away in one of those circus tents till winter hits.:thumb:

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF0001 39.JPG
    DSCF0001 39.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF0002 36.JPG
    DSCF0002 36.JPG