• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Beanstalk- Lima NY 5/3/19

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Lima NY’s slogan is “crossroads of western NY” and there will be some West to East/East to West snowcats crossing in the area so why not have a spring meet-up?

The day will be Friday May 3rd. There will be at a minimum 3-4 machines in attendance. Drinks,food, fire, maybe catting on the grass slope if anyone has the urge? Room to camp, even for busses. Family friendly event.

Can anyone from NY make it? Southtowns? Topwelder? Partsman? I’m sure there are many others. Maybe somebody has a kid attending a Rochester University and they could make a dual purpose trip West? PA? New Englanders? Ontario or Quebec even?
Short notice but make it if you can!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Crossroads cat crossing 5/3/19

Technically not from NY, but I may be able to make it?

Anything orange hanging out in an abandoned ski hill on the way?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

camping at the BEAN, that sounds great, you might even get some from outside NY

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

exactly, to all, If you are hunting down your snow cat, it is a real great way to save miles and meet cool people. sadly if I go my trailer will likely be loaded, but my buddies is empty. too many maybes to make a solid offer, but I have moved and coordinated many efforts, it is this snow cat community at work...

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

exactly, to all, If you are hunting down your snow cat, it is a real great way to save miles and meet cool people. sadly if I go my trailer will likely be loaded, but my buddies is empty. too many maybes to make a solid offer, but I have moved and coordinated many efforts, it is this snow cat community at work...

how much did you pay for that beat up st4 from north Idaho?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter

Technically not from NY, but I may be able to make it?

Anything orange hanging out in an abandoned ski hill on the way?

It is a Wisconsin friendly household, my wife and I were residents for the majority of our lives. Heck, we are even in Wisconsin right now! There will be a fresh supply of brats, cheese, smoked fish and Leinenkugels in rhe fridge
You’ll probably dig up something to put on your trailer along the way. How’s the shedding the excess snowcat program going? Sell two, buy three? You should be down to the target number in no time

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I am going with bean stalk.

Now lets talk about border fencing.........

Who was on the moat today??

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:unsure::sad: That's a 'crossover' weekend for me. Was out this weekend for a home game quick turn, then the same on the 27th. Home on the 3rd, then back out for school pack out on the 10th. Bummed.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
:unsure::sad: That's a 'crossover' weekend for me. Was out this weekend for a home game quick turn, then the same on the 27th. Home on the 3rd, then back out for school pack out on the 10th. Bummed.

Dang, that didn’t mesh up very well.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I forgot to mention, there will be a mug give away!
The odds are really good right now too

Attachments

• B05A5D1D-6F29-43AA-98BA-EFD0D64F8243.jpg
    B05A5D1D-6F29-43AA-98BA-EFD0D64F8243.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 213

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds pretty legit.

I didn’t really expect many to be able to make it, short notice, no snow, busy time of year, etc

There will be forum member(s) and machine(s) in attendance, closest guess to both numbers wins the mug. You don’t need to be there to win!
If there is a tie it goes to the earlier guess

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
damn, when I heard there was a mug give away, I thought it was for the furthest distance. or heaviest GVWR, Hours travelled with out sleep ect......

Now with all these guessing I will have to make a guess and then pick up random strangers to get to the winning total.

The midwest contingent is holding strong at one sqwrl and a handful of maybes.

ON a serious note. if anyone out east needs anything from points west speak up.

this includes 100 gal fuel tanks, grousers , idler wheels, used fuel filters....

damn I am going to have to stay mute. there could be more cats than people if these weekend long baptisms and three day proms are actually a thing?

Hell over on the other coast I went to a snow cat Bbq GTG and I had one of the shortest commutes relative to time. traffic bogged a couple of attendees down, oh and there was that one couple who stopped to pay road tax..... then made that time up trying to pay more.....

east bound and down loaded up and trucking...... Good ole Jerry Reed will be on repeat....

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will have to see if people can guess how many cheap tuckers ( with engines) are changing hands....

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
damn, when I heard there was a mug give away, I thought it was for the furthest distance. or heaviest GVWR, Hours travelled with out sleep ect......

east bound and down loaded up and trucking...... Good ole Jerry Reed will be on repeat....

Plenty of mugs in the cupboard.

It’s more of a “down bound then East, struggle through Ohio...” kind of drive.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have been known to go over the top to get east.
If the ferry was up and running I would be on it.....
I have had multiple towing problems in IL on sundays. IL has some strange ass rules

Yeah the tolls going east suck equally as well.....

ah hell enough bitching, I am ready to kick this summer into gear.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
alight I am a week out. my pre-flight checks are done. Leaving the upper Midwest midweek.

trailer has room. if you need something moved speak up soon.

taking the boring route south then east.....

I welcome and appreciate meeting forum members so thanks to the host for making the world just a little bit smaller.....

sounds like a small turn out so my guess will be with Mr North coast 9 and under grouping. I guess I will go 8.

Should I bring some snow along? I am sure there is a some in a shady spot somewhere...
with the smelt runs on full tilt maybe I should dip a net or two before we leave?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
8 sounds like a pretty good guess, easy to grab a hitchhiker or drop a cat in the ditch to make that number work.
I-90 is way better with an ez-pass, I can mail one if you don’t have one.

That’s right people, you read it correctly, there might be a smelt fry going on! (Small delicious fish from the Great Lakes- I don’t think they run up the creeks all the way to the Rockies or Sierras, but I might be wrong)

Ear plugs will be available to campers, the peepers are out in full force

Attachments

• 2C893678-1737-431A-A0EB-794C7101C9D9.jpg
    2C893678-1737-431A-A0EB-794C7101C9D9.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 207

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys showing up to this better keep the cats fueled! No telling what you were going to get at beanstalk!

Attachments

• 61A8CFB5-11E8-4B37-865E-749523C81A55.MOV
    1.5 MB · Views: 125

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great spring day! ?

Attachments

• DB486F33-2C74-499E-ADE2-FEFD2FC3A2DA.jpg
    DB486F33-2C74-499E-ADE2-FEFD2FC3A2DA.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 185

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hummm, not sure why vid won’t play? Anyway it was just some late season horizontal snow . . .

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Northcoast is the winner of the Beanstalk mug giveaway with the guess of 9- pm your address and I’ll ship it out!

Cats outnumbered forum members 2:1

Two Tuckers, two LMC’s, a Thiokol, a Bombardier, a Redsqrwl, a Duffy, and me. A few non-members were also in attendance
All other details are super top secret

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, so close to a mug..... Next time.

I knew I should have got up a little earlier on snow cat shuffle day.... I would have had time to get up to Rome and took a look at the SV200/Isuzu cat.....
Bet I could have found a member there to help tip the scale in my favor.

Now if I only had an excuse to come back....

couple of my favorite photos.

the man, the myth, the legend!
Spring!
Meet Denny!
Hank the Tank!

These photos are a story tellers dream.

BTW, If you care to share your neighbors contact info, I would like to apologize to him for showing him the merits of wider driveways and a gate to keep wayward sqwrls out of his yard.

Oh and enjoy the YARD ART!

Attachments

• 20190504_093219.jpg
    20190504_093219.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20190505_081448.jpg
    20190505_081448.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20190505_081105.jpg
    20190505_081105.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 20190505_082519.jpg
    20190505_082519.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 133

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the yard art. It’s fun to look out the window and see more than one machine, and my wife doesn’t seem to mind having it around either. It can hang around for a while

Attachments

• 11AE8965-8CF2-4002-9564-788FE9BB1E84.jpg
    11AE8965-8CF2-4002-9564-788FE9BB1E84.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 139

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh and as far as the neighbors driveway goes, it’s not often a guy pulling a 40’ trailer with two snowcats shows up at 1am on a pitch black night and has to back down the 12% grade 8’ wide driveway 700’ at the end of a day long trip and has to swing it out onto a barely two lane road. They were happy it wasn’t a stalker (or was it?), the couple tiny ruts don’t look bad in the daylight.