• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wife and I got damn lucky yesterday .

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
We had been out trimming trees around the perimeter of our property and decide to take a break because it was getting perty windy . We had just parked both of our golf carts about 10 foot behind where we ussually do cuz we have a bunch of new kittens hanging aroun our back patio and dont want to run over them . We had just got in the back door when this big limb came crashing down where we had just been 30 seconds before . :w00t2:

Needless to say someone was watching out for us . :biggrin: We both figured both carts were trashed as well as the garden shed but no damage at all except for a deep hole where the base struck the ground . We really hated losing the shade but I guess it was all for the best . Pics probablly dont do it justice but it was a big heavy sunofagun . The last pic is 2 hours later when we were done with cleanup and there was shade there before the limb came down :neutral:. More wood for the fireplace though . :clap:

Thought some here might enjoy the pics . :wink:

Attachments

• P4230009.JPG
    P4230009.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 59
  • P4230010.JPG
    P4230010.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 59
  • P4230011.JPG
    P4230011.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 59
  • P4230012.JPG
    P4230012.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 59
  • P4230013.JPG
    P4230013.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 59
  • P4230014.JPG
    P4230014.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 58

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lucky for sure. Reminds me of a joke as to why they called a guy "Lucky, Lucky, Lucky" but that's another story.

Great looking lawn. Looks like you'll still have plenty of shade from the trees still standing.

I was shocked to hear you stopped for the cats. :eek: JK We do have a couple of cats that I would love to get rid of. If I boxed em up could I ship them to you cowboy?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You guys were lucky alright. We had a similar episode happen out at camp a few years ago. We were having a terrible windstorm. There are(or should I say WERE) allot of dead poplar trees around the campsite. I heard a crack and watched as a 50 ft tall poplar came crashing down by the beach where I had my boat trailer parked. It got wedged between two tree on the way down and stopped a foot above my trailer.

A short while later, I heard another crack and looked around. I saw another big poplar leaning right towards my parents camper. I yelled at them to get their butts outta there fast because that tree was about to come down right on their camper. Dad came running out first and saw the tree leaning. Mom came out next and stood right by the steps of the camper. We dragged her away from there just in time. A big gust of wind came and snapped the tree off about ten feet from the base. It came down hard missing the camper by inches. It took out the picnic table and bbq and landed right where mom was standing only 5 seconds before. She woulda been a gonner if she didn't move. Very close call.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Guys . Uh ! Thanks but no thanks Doc , these latest 15 or so kittens brings our total up to around 50 or more . :doh:

Yup Dawg thems Harleys , the red ones the first year they ever built ( gas ) and the blue ones an electric ( My wifes ) . We have another electric as well I'm trying to sell to buy 2 more gas models . Parts are getting a little rare for the gas carts so I'm wanting some for backup . :smile:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
good to hear you're both OK.
One of these days I need to stop by and pick up a crate of kittens for "barn cats".
:D