• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow trac meet

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Three of us got together last weekend in washington . The weather warmed up on us . It was something like 15 degrees above normal but we climbed up to good snow.
arrival at Ron's cabin near white pass.
ST4trip002.jpg

Next day at a trailhead everthing was ice. Lyndon is down by the hiway installing chains.I am being towed by my trac.
snowtrac11611039.jpg

crossing a stream. Earl and lyndon in the far one.
snowtrac11611047.jpg

we had our problems . a fuel pump failed and Lyndon replaced it and Earl fell on the ice.
snowtrac11611049-1.jpg

ST4trip023.jpg

Ron's track
trackslush.jpg

High speed pass. I wouldn't have got so close but I forgot Earl couldn't see.
ST4trip031.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
getting passed .I have a 1200cc and earl has a 1600cc

ST4trip033.jpg

On the way home Lyndon ducked in a side road and ambushed us . I thought he was way ahead and all of a sudden he closed in from the rear.
This was out my rear door at about 13mph when he was closing in..
snowtrac11611070-1.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon on left ,Earl and then Ron driving during a evening ride in Rons snow trac.
snowtrac11611081.jpg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the pictures !! Great to see some snowcatters out enjoying their machines together.

I really wish we had trails that snowcats could use in the east.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like alot of fun!...except for the goose egg above the eye. I fell on the ice here yesterday, so I can relate...:doh:

Thanks for the pics Jim!

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon has some really useful chains that strapped on his boots for walking.
The ice was so bad at times that I couldn't stand.
jim

snow dog

Great pictures,,,

Maybe you eastern guys could meet at a ski are after they close in the spring. Have a hill climb contest,,,, or a race downhill:weneedpic

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thats cool wished there were a few more snow cat's to go riding with me for some good clean fun

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Very cool. It's no surprise Lyndon ride was pimpin' ! Great pics and thanks for sharing!

:thumb:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Lyndon has some really useful chains that strapped on his boots for walking.
The ice was so bad at times that I couldn't stand.
jim

With all the rain we had those boot cleats are a necessity! Worth their weight and expense any day!

northeastheavy

Hey Pixie, Also wish there was some central place, in ny, new england to meet and ride some long closed winter roads or trails??????????? State park roads closed for the winter??? Logging plantation roads in the Adks!!! Must be somewhere????

vtmtnbob

That looks like a lot of fun thanks for posting. here in vt they close all the roads its pain. My short little two mile round trip doesn't take very long. sometimes i drive around twice just for fun.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that pic of lyndon surprised me with all his vw knowalage i expected to see him with tie dye and a pony tail

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Rep points for the great ride pics!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt mind trailering over sometime to join in !

utahwilson

very nice pictures. Looking forward to getting my notrak to snotrak to fastrak next summer. Need to get the Utah/Nevada/Idaho crowd together next winter.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
"Back-East",... don't even think about running in a National Park or National Monument, but National Forest is usually 'OK'.
In Mass: Try Wendel State Forest, and the state forest up near the NY Border.
In Vermont: There are all kinds of logging roads around Killington/Rutland/ and a dozen closed ski areas that it would be likely that the current owners would be receptive to have a MEET at.
Check out:http://www.nelsap.org/
It's a list of all the ski areas in New England that closed, perhaps a hundred in all. In and around Okemo/Straton/Hog-Back/Maple Valley/Mt. Snow/,.....
In NH: Same thing, check out NELSAP. There are several State Parks, as well as National Forest. Usually an inquirery with the Forest Service guys is a good place to start. I found that the National Forest Service guy's were far more receptive to Snow Cat owners than to Snow Mobile owners.
In Maine: There has to be a thousand miles of logging roads that would be prime snow-catting material.
There used to be this National Park guy near Mt. Washington who when he retired bought and restored a beautiful Tucker 443. He was in the news a few years ago. He'd probably have some suggestions as to where one could go.
"WHERE THERE'S SNOW, WE WILL GO!"