• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fun day on a hill in Iowa, Snow cat sledding

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent a wonderful afternoon with my kids and an employee and his family/kids at a local sledding hill owned by the county. It used to have a tow rope untill the insurance industry did away with it.:glare: For years we had enjoyed this with our families....now it sits mostly unused in comparison.

Maybe it's a bit overkill, but it turns out not really, the Snow Trac was called into action pulling these kids and adults up the hill. Worked out very well I might add. Here are a few pictures.

Christmas2010054.jpg

Christmas2010036.jpg

Christmas2010068.jpg

Christmas2010041.jpg

Christmas2010040.jpg

Christmas2010071.jpg

Christmas2010006.jpg

And the last one is of my daughter snowboarding like she is water skiiing behind a boat!

It is supposed to rain here for the next tow days, and I am afraid we will loose our snow for now. Please send some our way!

Best regards, Kirk

Last edited:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Great pictures! Looks like tons of fun !!

Great looking Snow-Trac !

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Great to see kids out being kids instead of playing video games. Nice to tow them so they can enjoy it more.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We use to do the same thing behind a farmall to get up the sledding hill.

tom

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice machine! I would love to have one just like it but I don't really "need" one. Some day. ;)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome looking machine!!! I'm jealous. I have been out much the past couple years in the lamtrac. I kinda miss getting out there. Someday I'll have my own machine for personal use rather than beating myself up for 10-12 hrs at a time on the lamtrac opening snowmobile trails.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
kids love that we are getting enough cover on the hills behind nome so we will be doing this again kids love it and the plus is they can go till cold than you have a nice warm ride home

shopman

Great pictures, beautiful machine, what a wonderful way to have some family fun! It's dumping again in Colorado and hopefully it will be cold enough to get to you...

:letitsnow:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone!

And remember if you want a kid to do something other than sit in the house with a video game, some times you have to get up off your duff and make things happen....It takes a bit of work and planning, but well worth not only the time but the effort as well. Some times I think we get a little bit guilty of just letting our kids be to themselves. Make some memories, as in the end this is all we get to keep...

The beautiful for it's age Snow Trac (1962, #267) I can take little credit for. It was restored/rebuilt by a man in the Seattle area by the name of Joe Smolar, and what a job he did! In the future it will be my responcibilty to see that it is used wisely and well maintained, respecting him for his efforts..... I think this machine has a history with Lyndon, as Joe is a friend of his. Not to mention a log of it's history on the roof, written by those who used it for many years.

Yes here in Iowa you have to hunt for a good hill in my area, but we do have a few.:whistling:

Best regards, Kirk

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I love your Snow Trac! It looks like the one that was in Lyndons garage a few years back? Nice work with the kids. I use to run my kids and the neighbors kids up one of our local hills in my Snow Master. Next winter after I rebuild her I will do it again. Thanks for the pics!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The guy I bought it from told me he picked it up form Lydon's place, when he purchased it. So I am thinking it is indeed the same machine.

Kirk

Christmas2010002.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
here's what my kids have to look forward to when the days get a little longer or the weather dosn't storm on the weekend.it's a five ninute ride to the bottom

Attachments

• snow cat sledding 005.jpg
    snow cat sledding 005.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 267
  • snow cat sledding 002.jpg
    snow cat sledding 002.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 274

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don,

I couldn't be more jealous!! We have lost all but a few drifts here in the last 36 hours, (hit 55 here today) and are likely to get a pissin ice storm to end this #@&* warm weather we have just gotten. Now my world will turn to a sheet of freakin' ice to slide around on, and take out our electricty, and damage for the second year in a row the trees in my yard. Dang this winter has sucked so far...

Hope you are having more fun....I gotta package to get ready to send you:whistling:

Later Kirk