• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

601 engine cover pin

wesley

I finnally got my 601 out today and the engine cover won't stay on. The long pin that holds the hinge on engine cover together was missing when I bought it. I've tried to find a replacement but no luck. What can I use?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
try welding rod you should be able to come up with some that is the right size at a welding shop

weatherby

try welding rod you should be able to come up with some that is the right size at a welding shop

Also brazing rod....or buy a new hinge, they are inexpensive, and then pull the pin out of the new one and use just it as opposed to removing all the screws to remove the old hinge.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I finnally got my 601 out today and the engine cover won't stay on. The long pin that holds the hinge on engine cover together was missing when I bought it. I've tried to find a replacement but no luck. What can I use?

We have used brazing rod on ours. just like DDS,and WB said ..........

wesley

I'll see if I can gets some brazing rod from the carmen at work. Everything is out at camp any particular size? By the way Boggie how many white 601s do you have?:biggrin:

K

kermit2

I went to Home Depot and got a piece of steel rod, 1/16, I think.
Then I found the original. The new one was a little longer, but fit perfectly otherwise.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
braze rod would work but might i suggest some stainless steel rod used for tig welding