• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4T10 Possible Issue?

shopman

Here is a picture of the power divider and on the left the plate was cut and welded back or?? Any ideas on why or what happened? Whatever happened it pushed the whole assembly up a little and the rollers on top were rubbing on the plywood cover (badly) - I cut out the plywood and the turning seemed better, easier (since they were not rubbing anymore) Big problems for the future?

Attachments

• Power convertor.jpg
    Power convertor.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 251

tomelroy

it was probably cut because someone was doing a repair on one side of the power divider and did not want to remove both drive shafts to repair one side. (just a guess)

What is rubbing? The rollers on the top? That should not affect the steering. My stock 4t10 has an aluminum diamond plate cover that also rubs on the washers on the rollers. In fact when installed it bows because it is hitting against the rollers washers. The rollers do not move forward and back, just roll. I dont think it has been pushed up a bit. there are 4 bolts that mount the power divider to the frame.

Is that the original paint on the power divider? or was it repainted too?

shopman

OK - that sounds reasonable... There was a 1/4 indentation in plywood from the rollers only - just didn't seem right. That makes sense if they just roll. Everything seems to be bolted in solid as you say - so hopefully all is well!

I'm not sure about the paint, but he painted "everything" when he painted it, so I'm guessing everything in that area was painted also. Next time - I will look closer and see if it all moves properly otherwise and check the paint closer.

Thanks - I feel better about it - now I just need the carb back and drive it!