• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Window Gaskets

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Can anyone in the forum tell me where to get the windshield gaskets and the sliding window two track gasket for my thiokol 1202 there must be some place to get it in bulk all of mine are in bad shape most of all the side window two track. thanks for your help Larry S.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Window Gaskits

One of the best places to find window rubber is JC Whitney .

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter

Thanks Big Al I looked in there catalog but they only have the windshield gasket in 10 ft lengths and not the two track for the sliding side windows

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter

I dont think its any diffrent. i will check mine but I believe the glass slide on the other glass.

mkntrakes

ck Binswanger Glass in Castle Rock, they carry it. In previous post didn't realize that you where in Colorado.

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Mkntrakes I went to Binswagner Glass yesterday and it looks as if thay can help me thay even have it in stock I have to get the measurements this week and then I can pick it up yes I lhave lived in Parker for about 5 years. I well send you a PM

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Add a couple of inches to each measurement to allow for the radius of the curve. When you put it into the opening, you will come up short if you try to take exact measurements. This is because of the way the gasket sets in the opening. Hard to explain, but I know from experience. I always seat the gasket tightly on the top and sides and then half the bottom before making my final cut. I try to cut it to be long, so if I need extra when the two ends meet, I have it. If it doesn't fit tightly the first time, then I know that I cut it too short. Usually takes one more cut to get it tight all around and have a good seal.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter

Thanks Big Al I looked in there catalog but they only have the windshield gasket in 10 ft lengths and not the two track for the sliding side windows

When you say two track do you mean the aluminum track that has the "fur" in it that the side windows slide in? If you found a source I would like it. I had to fabricate replacements and they dont work very well. Thanks.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Bulldog the track for the side windows of my 1202 is an all rubber one with fur for the glass to slide in and with the help of mkntrakes help I think that I have found all the parts to make it work. the cat is at my cabin about 150mi away so it will be after Xmas before I will know if it is the right one I have to measure the thickness of the glass if it is I will post the info. Larry S

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. Mine originally had aluminum inserts in the rubber, but if there is a better system (like the one you describe) I would like to try it. :thumb:

mradecky

Peterson Equipment :thumb: in Logan Utah sold me exactly what you are looking for for the front sliders on the 1961 Trackmaster we restored.