• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Man faces Fine & JAIL for not removing a tree (which he didn't plant) on his property

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man faces Fine & JAIL for not removing a tree (which he didn't plant) on his property

More news from the War on Code Violators in God's Waiting Room. Seriously I am fed up with "code enforcement officers" and their BS codes that are there to protect everyone from everyone else.

A Scottsdale, AZ man faces fine and potential jail time for not removing a tree (which he did not plant) on his property.

Ya know, it's one thing for the Code Cops to hassle people for throwing trash in their yard or make people stop parking in their front yards, but this is just down right silly. :hammer:

FULL STORY and VIDEO at the link: Scottsdale man could face jail time over tree that violates city code

Snippet for your amusement and frustration with the zealots in government:
Raed Tarazi received a letter in the mail from the City of Scottsdale, stating a tree in his backyard violated city code, since it was a non indigenous tree that has the potential to grow larger than 50 feet tall.

"I thought it was a joke at first, this tree has been here longer than I have," Tarazi said.

The letter states that Tarazi has until October 12th to remove the tree. If he doesn't comply, penalties could include fines of $2,500 for each day a violation is found and even six months in jail.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Man faces Fine & JAIL for not removing a tree (which he didn't plant) on his prop

One more reason why I can't live around other folks! I like the removal method with the C-4!:clap::clap:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Man faces Fine & JAIL for not removing a tree (which he didn't plant) on his prop

If you have ever lived in or spent anytime in Arizona then you would know why people call that suburb "Snotsdale." It is full of wannabes.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

When I built my house back in '92, the city came around and planted a fucking tree that I never asked for on the tree lawn. I even told them that I didn't want it, because it blocked the view of my $1500 front door with the leaded beveled glass. They pretty much told me to go fuck myself, and that the shitty council passed an ordinance at the urging of the non-governmental "Beautification Commission" that made it mandatory for all new homes to have the same fucking tree as everyone else on the street, so they could qualify as a "tree city" from the federal gubmit (more pissing away of our federal tax dollars). About 5 years later on a cold and snowy night, someone lost control of their car on my curve, and layed that fucking tree down as flat as a pancake. They also kept on driving and never came back to admit they fucked up, because they also left 6" deep ruts in the lawn from their tires that I had to repair the following Spring..

Not two days later, one of the bitches from the "Beautification Commission" knocked on my door to inform me of the obvious, and to ask when I planned to replant the tree. It's the middle of Winter, snow blowing up my ass, and this dumb bitch is wasting my oxygen on my front step, and asking me a stupid question. So...I gave her my answer..."Just as soon as you come down here with a new tree that you paid for, take out the flattened tree, and plant one all by yourself, because I have no plans on replacing a tree that I never asked for. And if you didn't like it, you can go back to the panty waste politicians who created this ordinance, and to tell them to plant a new fucking tree out of the city's tree fund." That spot still sits empty to this day, and the beautification bitch has never been back.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

My brother got a fine for cutting a low hanging limb off of one of those 'city trees'. It was a giant old Sycamore. I bet the trunk had a 12' or more circumference. Not like cutting the limb would harm it in any way. :pat:

One question for you JEV .... how much did it cost you to have that hit and run driver take out your tree? :D

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

One question for you JEV .... how much did it cost you to have that hit and run driver take out your tree? :D
Our street is a cut-thru street into a development with almost 1,000 homes and which is 20 years older than our 72 home development. Every year it's something different living on the curve. I have replace at least 5 mail boxes and repaired a "turfed" lawn at least as many times. One Winter the cops caught a kid in his mom's 4WD SUV driving across the main lawn of no less than 12 houses in a row, mine included. There have been 2 or 3 more trees flattened on the tree lawns as well as mine, and nobody replaced them. There is no shortage of rif-raf to cause destruction when they get liquor'd up or bored, but every year someone becomes a victim of these kids.