• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Getting driveway stone out of lawn

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Meant to bring this up a month or 2 ago to discuss how members get stone off the lawn and back into the driveway after a season of plowing snow.

So, how do y'all do it? What works for you and what doesn't?

What works for me:
1) Have/make a "turn around" spot or a dedicated stoned area not used in the winter and try to pile the snow there. When it melts, the stone is already sitting in an area that's stoned.

2) Backpack leaf blower. If you have a decent one with high volume, you can blow the stone out of the grass and back in the driveway. No raking or anything so long as you do it before packing it down with a lawn roller or mower.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I use a york rake on the back of the tractor. For the lane I use a back blade angled and tilted to dig it loose and then follow up with the rake to separate the big ones and roll them off to the side. Annual PITA that comes with living in the country.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Great topic :biggrin:. Up untill this year we just raked it out, but I finally bought a good heavy duty pull behind lawn sweeper that does a great job at picking it out of the grass . I just pile it back up and wait for the rain to wash out all the dirt and debree then I'll re spread it.

We have large areas that is gravel with lots of curves around the house and also both garages and big shop so it made it a much easier this year .:clap: I only use the loader bucket to move the snow and I do tend to pickup lots of gravel . :sad:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I raked it with the tractor best I could and the rest became yard ornaments!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use a regular 3PH rake for that chore. Not perfect but it gets most of the gravel back to where it belongs.