• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker for sale

mtn cat

after a 2 year frame up restoration I,m selling my 1544.(just aquired a new snowcat project that I'm very anxous to get under way,but promised to sell the 1544 first).I REALLY want to keep them both, but just can't. So anyway just some of the work done: totally rewired,rebuilt hydrolic pump with all new hoses,new altenator,two fuel pumps ( one for back up),rebuilt carb, all track belts new, kept growsers because they were in great shape,soundproofed engine compartment and cab,engine gone through but due to low hours was in great shape,(was originally owned by University of Calif. for access to an astronimy site on the east side of the Sierra.to ferry up supplies and students).Has a 318 dodge with five speed.Had fuel tank 'boiled",all fuel lines new. Radiator flushed,all new wheel bearings and u joints. always stored under cover,and ALWAYS gently tucked in at night!! Unfortunatly during the restor process I didn't own a digital camera,but my brother came over one day with his so I do have a few shots if anyone would like to see them.Also have original build order with manual. Installed double battery system(optimas in it now) with selector switch. and much more I wont list now. This forum has been a great help during this project and is what kept me going while in the midst of those occasional "what the hell am I doing" moments ,and dealing with the looks on my friend's faces when they ask"why do you have a snowcat?" asking price is 20,000. This might cover the cost of my next restoration. Almost forgot, I bought a blade to mount ($3200) never used ,and will include this with push frame with the cat. Will post on E-bay in a few weeks if no forun members interested. Mtncat

Attachments

• snocat 054.jpg
    snocat 054.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 633
  • snocat 056.jpg
    snocat 056.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 626
  • snocat 060.jpg
    snocat 060.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 643

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Mtn Cat, Nice job on the Tucker. Would like to see pics of interior if you have any. I currently own a 1976 tucker 1542 but would really like to have room for a couple more people. Again nice looking cat.:biggrin:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry about that meant to post picture and forgot Old Age I guess ?!!:smile:

Attachments

• js640_IMG_1213.jpg
    js640_IMG_1213.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 545
  • js640_IMG_1240.jpg
    js640_IMG_1240.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 536
  • js640_IMG_3215.jpg
    js640_IMG_3215.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 539

mtn cat

Thanks for the kind words and interest. I'll get some pictures of the interior posted next week. If you have any questions my tel# 530 823 8019.