• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A sad day in Alaska....

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
A Sad day in Alaska….
While the Alaska track Association was at their hidey hole polishing and prepping their Snow trac for the first official run on Saturday, a slimily crafty underhanded back scratching nose itching with the breath of a ground squirrel from Point Lay was assisting in the hijacking of a bit of Washington history from a Alaska museum and returning it home L
O dear! Another one leaves the state!
No no say it is not so!!!!!!
Where’s is it going………….. anyway………..:):whistling:

Attachments

• tucker xporter.jpg
    tucker xporter.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCN0548.jpg
    DSCN0548.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCN0552.jpg
    DSCN0552.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCN0551.jpg
    DSCN0551.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCN0557.jpg
    DSCN0557.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCN0560.jpg
    DSCN0560.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 429

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:biggrin::biggrin: Steve ,I see you had nothing at all to do with it !!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin: At least its headed back toward Harry's stomping ground !!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope you keep us informed (with more photo updates) of any progress on restoration of these pieces of history.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Alaska, the Yukon Tr, northern BC, all just look like one big junkyard. It is not cost effective to haul scrap away. It would cost you more than the scrap value. Start in Fairbanks and drive to Dawson Creek BC and you'll see what i mean.
FROM THE SNOW CATS POINT OF VIEW: It could have just rusted away, it could have gone to the car crusher, but instead it HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR RE-INCARNATION!,.. IT'S GOING TO SNOW CAT HEAVEN!

It may be a sad for Alaska, BUT IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR THE SNOW CAT!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
3512b has been drinking the orange Kool-Aid and is headed for the bright side. Who have you been hanging out with? Fantastic job of preserving history, Emmitt is smiling on you!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Alaska, the Yukon Tr, northern BC, all just look like one big junkyard. It is not cost effective to haul scrap away. It would cost you more than the scrap value. Start in Fairbanks and drive to Dawson Creek BC and you'll see what i mean.
FROM THE SNOW CATS POINT OF VIEW: It could have just rusted away, it could have gone to the car crusher, but instead it HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR RE-INCARNATION!,.. IT'S GOING TO SNOW CAT HEAVEN!

It may be a sad for Alaska, BUT IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR THE SNOW CAT!

Lyndon, that would be: BUT IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR THE SNO-CAT! :smile:

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
AS of late there has been a bit of an exodus of Snow tracks leaving their native land here in Alaska
Very sad as we all know they are very happy here chugging and pulling away under the northern lights and the midnight sun!
The only way to fill this void and a very bad void it is… is to have other snow cat owners and afflicted with this interest is to come up and visit buy a t shirt or two and go on one of our rides…
We are busy dragging old machines that have been resting behind barns at mines and shopping centers bars
Side the road
And breathing new life into them.
They more than likely wont
Be pretty, but they be on the trails! And they have plenty of room for friends to ride and drive them!
So stand by!

Attachments

• DSCN0388.jpg
    DSCN0388.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCN0447.jpg
    DSCN0447.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 403

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I really like the cut of the fenders on the green snow/trac master......

I am going to put the sawzall in a safe place for a bit.......

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
by the look of the two end ones the last trail must have had a mud hole in it.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interseting sign one of my supervisors saw in Nenana where there were a bunch of old Snow Tracs:

DON'T ASK
NOT FOR SALE

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon, that would be: BUT IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR THE SNO-CAT! :smile:

Yes, that occured to me every time I typed it. Lots of folks refer to Thiokol, LMC, Bombardier, Snow Trac, Kristi, Weasels,.... but only TUCKER IS A TRUE SNOW CAT!

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
ya seeing them setting there is sad

Attachments

• DSCN6194.jpg
    DSCN6194.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCN6200.jpg
    DSCN6200.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCN6205.jpg
    DSCN6205.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 317

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Steve, They have been there a long time !! When Cheryl and i were up visiting you in 2010 i remember looking at them. I just thought at the time "SNOMASTER" which i was used to seeing back at WV ski area.I didn't know there were different models then.I remember them being sworn at in the maint.shop !!!!:wink::wink: