• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New, Small Personal Snowcats for sale

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
While I’ve never ridden in a Litetrax, I can imagine that the short track length could lead to some uncomfortable pitching (fore-aft rocking). By way of example, Imps have significant pitch, and they likely have a longer track length than Litetrax. On anything but a completely flat trail, the pitch factor forces your travel speed to be much lower than you want it to be. This is probably most pronounced in places with soft snow and snowmobile moguls (i.e. Colorado, Utah). If you are traveling through unbroken snow across meadows, probably no big deal. But I imagine any well-traveled, un-groomed trail would get bothersome for anything but a short jaunt.

Trackfabricator

I'm not currently manufacturing these for sale this season, but I figured I'd share some footage and hear feedback.:
The Jeep is pretty self explanatory (Posted the prototype a few years ago).
The smaller vehicle (Orbigo) is powered by dual 13 hp predator engines with CVT drives and dual reverse gearboxes (Neutral turns possible). I haven't made good snow footage with it yet, but may get some this winter.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gotta wonder about the short foot prints (not only your Orbigo) of these 'mini' machines. For example, at the 50 second mark, if you were to go left then realize "holy crap that's steeper than I thought" and go full stop to late, how far would you roll?

Trackfabricator

Gotta wonder about the short foot prints (not only your Orbigo) of these 'mini' machines. For example, at the 50 second mark, if you were to go left then realize "holy crap that's steeper than I thought" and go full stop to late, how far would you roll?
Yes, Orbigo definitely falls into the "toy" category, and you have to be careful with where you take it. It does have a very low center of gravity, and it is surprising stable for it size because of that. Comment was welcome, thanks for taking a look.
Below is a video of our initial stability testing:

rdynes01

Yes, Orbigo definitely falls into the "toy" category, and you have to be careful with where you take it. It does have a very low center of gravity, and it is surprising stable for it size because of that. Comment was welcome, thanks for taking a look.
Below is a video of our initial stability testing:
Now take any portion of that test hill sideways and really see what your COG is.