• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Muskeg Tracks

jequimby

:tiphat: Hello Folks

I have a 1961 Bombardier Muskeg that I need new track belting for. The tracks have three belts per side. We use this machine every day in the summer on our mountain. Any suggestions on where to purchase track belting? I am just starting to find vendors but I am open to advice. Thanks Jim Q

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Give Brad a call at MN Outdoor Sports. He has a lot of new and used Bombardier parts available.

Many vendors offer track belting but you will probably want it already punched to fit your track pattern or I would.

Brad
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 218-828-7876
Fax: 218-828-7876
[/FONT]

http://www.mn-outdoors.com/

cranman

Track belting (pre punched) is available from Shaver & Sons at Stonewall Manitoba. Dan Shaver is the owner. (204) 467-2605. Dan57@escape.ca .
I don't recall if the 1961 already had the one piece cleats that went right across the 3 belts. Older models had offset short J5 type cleats and the centr belts had to have two sets of holes. Original belts were one piece and I don't believe they are available any longer. Local people here are using a track joiner kit called Flexco 140 E and making the joins offset and under the installed cleat. Some people just let the belts run 3 or 4 cleats long and overlap the belting but this is not too good for smooth riding. Shavers no doubt can advise you on this. good luck

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm not sure if you'd be interested in trying it but I have a Cat that came with two sets of tracks. One had conveyor belting and it worked liked a charm and I was told it was a fraction of the cost. There was a thread on the boards here about (replacement conveyor belt track for snow cat tracks) that and I believe the general consensus was that it's tough as nails and would work very well. Anyway, it does work great although I'm not sure about your specific application on the Muskeg for thickness, etc...