• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Adding rubber to Bombardier D style tracks

DynatracGuy

I need to drive my Muskeg tractor on paved roads, which requires no metal touching the pavement. I'm looking for ideas and experience.

The grousers are U channels bent to provide a slot for the road wheels and sprocket. I think I can use large heavy hose to fit into the U channel. The hose would be secured with heavy metal cable ties or hose clamps. The hose clamps would be on either side of the slot, so no contact with hard surfaces, only snow. Any comments? Click here for illustration.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They do make a rubber covered grouser in the double D-dent style for the Muskeg, does your have the double D-dent or the two rows of single offset?
the rubber covered runs about 45.00 ea. and with 72 per track adds up in a hurry.

aulen2002

What distances are you driving? The drill rigs around here carry lengths of conveyor belting they can role out to cross asphalt roadways (perpendicular to traffic) or unload in a paved parking lot.

DynatracGuy

First, thanks for the info on rubber covered grousers. I have the one piece double D grousers. I don't need to fix the tracks yet and winter is already setting in. So that isn't a practical idea right now.

I wonder if brush on plastic or rubber of some sort would hold up. Anyone have experience with that?

I have to drive several blocks on paved road. I take the Muskeg on gravel roads, ditches, and highway shoulders to get from my acreage into a local town. Then a few blocks to a parking lot. I leave a car in town so as to get around from there. Around here roads are not cleared for days and blow back shut in hours.