• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Bird track conversion for cars!?!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I stumbled across this on eBay, and at $35 it is more than I am willing to pay, but if one of you buys this, I'd love to post a scan of it on the ForumsForums! It says the brochure is 8 pages, but you can only see 4 in this image, and unfortunately can't read much of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1940-SNOW-BIRD-...70QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1319QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ORIGINAL & VERY RARE - 1940 ARPS Corporation Super SNOW BIRD Snow Traveling Equipment Brochure for Model A & V8 Standard Ford Cars. Sales brochure is presented by ARPS Corp. of New Holstein, Wisconsin...who were in business manufacturing the Snow Bird Snow Flyer (track system) from 1925 thru 1940. This piece was likely one of their LAST advertising brochures! It's nicely illustrated throughout, showing the very unique snow tracks on FORD cars, although Snow Bird equipment could be used on all cars. It also pictures & describes various special features of the Super Snow Bird Track System for vehicle snow travel & details simple installation. Stapled catalog measures 8 1/4" X 10 3/4" & has 8 pages, including covers. EXCELLENT CONDITION, super clean & crisp with NO ripped or torn pages. You'll be delighted with this significant item of antique snowmobile and/or snow equipment history!

Attachments

• 140SnowBird.jpg
    140SnowBird.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,085

Eric L

Site Supporter
:confused2: It says 14,000 in service... whered they all go? and it looks like it'd be hard to open the doors:confused2:

....and I wuz cruising ebay today, and I found a neat Tucker article... But another Forums member is already bidding on it!:pat:

Eric