• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fake meat

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Will you try it?
Will you eat it, and make it a part of your diet in an ongoing way?
Or is fake meat a political thing?

Can you imagine green eggs and ham, none of it from anything to do with farm animals?

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Will you try it?
Will you eat it, and make it a part of your diet in an ongoing way?
Or is fake meat a political thing?

Can you imagine green eggs and ham, none of it from anything to do with farm animals?

Regards, Kirk

Will I try it? Sure, why not.

Make it part of my diet? Seriously doubt that.

Political thing? Maybe for some, for others its a way to stay vegetarian/vegan and has no political overtones to them at all. I know cultural vegetarians/vegans who follow strict diets to honor their ethnicity/culture (Indians) who have never eaten a piece of meat in their lifetime.

Can I imagine imitation green eggs and ham? Sure, but not sure that I want to. I tend to like the real thing.

But I understand some people choose to be vegetarian/vegan for culture. Some for some specific health reason. Some because they don't want to harm animals. Some because they are making a political statement, or want to be trendy, or just try it. Others because they are just nuts???

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was vegan, then a vegetarian for 11 years.
It's probably why at age 59 I can run circles around people half my age.

At the beginning I made the choice because of animals.
The health benefits were a plus.
Then the rediscovery of bacon.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aaaaand, I just enjoyed a fattening, cholesterol filled egg, cheese and sausage biscuit.

:mrgreen:

20190911_091357-768x768.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I'll probably try it, but I have to wonder if the cure will be worse for people than the perceived problem much like it appears vaping is worse than smoking.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to wonder if they sell this stuff at "Natural Food Stores."

Actually yes I can confirm your suspicions... They in fact do for about twice the price of the real deal to..

Coming soon, meat grown from cell cultures taken from a cow. Stay tuned...

Me, why try to improve on the perfection of the real deal? My 02..

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was vegan, then a vegetarian for 11 years.
It's probably why at age 59 I can run circles around people half my age.

At the beginning I made the choice because of animals.
The health benefits were a plus.
Then the rediscovery of bacon.

I recently bought 40 lbs of BEEF bacon, made at a local processor from beef brisket. Fantastic stuff, beef cured, smoked and slice like thick bacon. Absolutely better in my mind to the pork product.. It was tough to find it in stock, hence the 40lb order. I am giving away some to friends to try.... as well..

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I recently bought 40 lbs of BEEF bacon, made at a local processor from beef brisket. Fantastic stuff, beef cured, smoked and slice like thick bacon. Absolutely better in my mind to the pork product.. It was tough to find it in stock, hence the 40lb order. I am giving away some to friends to try.... as well..

Regards, Kirk

Ummm, "Say friend,,,,":bolt: