• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Salmonella outbreak prompts national egg recall

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I just recently read an article out of England that they are using Salmonella as a possible cure for some forms of cancer in test trials there. It seems a dose of it cause one immune system to kick into high gear actually killing some types of cancer. Wished I could remember the site now.

loboloco

Eating raw or undercooked eggs is the cause of this. If the eggs are cooked well no danger from salmonella

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I just recently read an article out of England that they are using Salmonella as a possible cure for some forms of cancer in test trials there. It seems a dose of it cause one immune system to kick into high gear actually killing some types of cancer. Wished I could remember the site now.

I wish you could too Joe. That sounds interesting.
Speaking of eggs.. did you all know that they don't refrigerate their eggs in the UK in the supermarkets? They are placed out on shelves in stacks in the stores. They have a red lion stamped on them which means they have been vaccinated against salmonella.

As for the eggs I buy here, they come from Crystal Spring, it's a family owned farm in Versailles, Ohio. It's the only brand of egg sold in our store, other than an organic, very expensive dozen which I used to buy, when I was all into the veggie/ strictly organic craze.