• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Zuppa Toscanna Soup with Artisan Bread. I found a knockoff recipe that is a dead ringer for the famous Olive Garden soup. :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Made some fresh wheat pasta...

P1040488.jpg

Got some veggies together...

P1040491.jpg

Then put it all together and topped it with grilled chicken breast and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

Dinner072612.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
After a nice savory dinner, I was looking for something sweet. Passing the counter I noticed that teh bananas had reached their peak, and if not eaten soon they would become banana bread. So, I grabbed a banana, the Moose Tracks ice cream from the freezer, some chocolate syrup, whipped cream, maraschino cherries and a Kit-Kat candy bar. The rest is history...big smile on the face history. :lol:

Moosetracksbananasundae.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Eggplant! Have not had any for years. Wife does not care for it but I love it. I can eat it till my belly hurts. Mom could burn through 3 nice big ones at one meal when we were kids.:clap: Yours look super, Peeps!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids had a 40th anniversary party for us last night at DD's home. DD and her friend, Nicole, did all the planning and cooking, while I played grandpa with Alexa and made sure the cooks stayed hydrated with whatever they wanted. Here was the menu...

Onions & peppers

IMG_0409.jpg

Roasted squash

IMG_0410.jpg

Grilled Italian sausages

IMG_0411.jpg

Redskin potato salad

IMG_0412.jpg

Fruit salad

IMG_0413.jpg

Tossed salad

IMG_0414.jpg

Some vegan recipe my SIL brought so she could eat.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

The loving couple

JoeLinda072812.jpg

SWMBO was not happy about this stunt by me, and I stood there while she returned the favor.

FaceCake.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I had some zucchini's so I made Veggie Burgers, salad and corn-on-the-cob.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I grilled up boneless pork loin chops with corn on the cob. We fixed a plate and took it down to the neighbor lady. And I have one chop left for breakfast!:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Joe on your 40th!
What a feast they prepared for you.
Your veggie burgers look really good.

I made seasoned turkey patties, with mashed potatoes and broccoli (was going to make turkey gravy, but decided against it).

One for me, one for Gretch and two for tomorrow.
I'll make a sandwich with one of the leftovers tomorrow, with tomato, lettuce and honey dijon dressing.

picDR7tMW.jpg

recipe

lilbopeep

WONDERFUL pictures for your anniversary and the veggie burgers (whats in the salad? YUM!) Joe!!

Lollie your turkey burgers look fantastic. I have never had one.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to make a taco salad for dinner. Have everything but ripe tomatoes so i may make a run to the one Amish guy. We have a bunch coming but not ripe enough yet.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
WONDERFUL pictures for your anniversary and the veggie burgers (whats in the salad? YUM!) Joe!!

Lollie your turkey burgers look fantastic. I have never had one.
DW makes the salads. This one is mixed greens with dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, garlic croutons, almond slices, grated Mozzarella and her homemade sweet dressing (cider or red wine vinegar, canola oil, sugar, salt & pepper). She makes it without measuring any ingredients.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
1# Hillshire Polska kielbasa, onions, mixed peppers, broccoli and new potatoes. This is a one-pan meal. Literally, you cut everything up, throw it in the pan and simmer it for 20 minutes with the cover on the pan. No oil or liquid is needed, as the fat from the sausage and moisture in the veggies provide all the necessary liquid. Stir once or twice and plate it. Bread & butter with a tossed salad finishes the meal.

Dinner073012.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Might have to copy that for tonight Joe. Been watching some broccoli in the garden and have a few peppers ready. Since Joe hollered about pics here is last nights taco salad. Crunched up tortilla chips with a layer of taco meat, then shredded cheddar, lettuce and tomatoes. Then topped it off with the rest of the meat. Probably about 3/4 lb. of burger on it! Was very good.

Attachments

• taco.jpg
    taco.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 156

lilbopeep

DW makes the salads. This one is mixed greens with dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, garlic croutons, almond slices, grated Mozzarella and her homemade sweet dressing (cider or red wine vinegar, canola oil, sugar, salt & pepper). She makes it without measuring any ingredients.
YUMMY Joe. I thought it looked like halved cherries.

NICE kielbas!!

lilbopeep

Might have to copy that for tonight Joe. Been watching some broccoli in the garden and have a few peppers ready. Since Joe hollered about pics here is last nights taco salad. Crunched up tortilla chips with a layer of taco meat, then shredded cheddar, lettuce and tomatoes. Then topped it off with the rest of the meat. Probably about 3/4 lb. of burger on it! Was very good.
I had that last week and now I want it again. Looks so good.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
After looking at pancakes over on NCT, me and DW agreed that pancakes would be a great dinner. Sooooo, I kicked it up a notch and made roll-ups filled with raspberry preserves and cottage cheese, then topped with sour cream. For the doubters, this is a GREAT combination. Oh, I also added 1 tsp. each of vanilla & orange extracts in the batter. It was da bomb!

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Here's how I made them...

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

lilbopeep

Looks so good Joe. I love sour cream on pancakes.

Tuesday 7/31/12
“Potted” Beef - Seared London broil simmered until tender and served with mashed potatoes, steamed spinach and pan gravy.

073112_potted_beef_P1090514.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready to make pizzas. Just waiting for the kids to get here.

PizzaFixins.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Smoked sausage and spanish rice with fresh tomatoes from the garden. Topped with shredded cheddar.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I always heard Beer was like a porkchop in everycan..Like a dumbas i was in a attic today..:hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
ensure. got a stomach bug. my Mom was just w/ it. gotta drink the half in the container yet. lost the 1st half. ugh. despise stomach bugs, especially when i can't keep the anti-nausea meds in.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a widow friend over for dinner, so I made my 4-cheese & spinach whole wheat raviolis, a small loaf of bread from pizza dough, and DW made her killer salad. The girls had cookies for dessert, and I'm holding out for Moose Tracks later on. Urp!

Dinner080412.jpg

PizzaDoughBread080412.jpg