• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Meet my new little friend, Tucker

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Three weeks ago we lost my best friend Buddy. Immediately my wife went searching for a new dog. I was not in favor of it, not that quick. She checked into a bunch of rescues and found some cute dogs, but I always seemed to find something wrong with them, too young, too old, too much fur.........I guess I was just not ready.
She had me look at another one, but they rejected us for whatever reason. The next rescue blew us off, not answering emails for a week and not providing a number to call. The next rescue group had 4 brothers that were abandoned in the country, cute little guys. They are probably Lab Setter mix. We chose one and inquired. Less than a week later we had a home visit scheduled for Friday of last week, references and vet called and checked out. If all went well, they would leave him with us. We now share our home with Tucker. He has been a little ill with some diarrhea and vomiting. We had our vet check him out and he is doing so much better. No Parvo, no worms. He is about 10-12 weeks, no one knows for sure. He is such a laid back dog, but is still a young puppy and shows it every day now. We are having fun with him.
Meet Tucker

Attachments

• Tucker3.jpg
    Tucker3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 208
  • Tucker4.jpg
    Tucker4.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Tucker2.jpg
    Tucker2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Tucker1.jpg
    Tucker1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 207

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
what a nice looking dog ,if I could get one I would scarf it up as I think this will be MacArthers last summer with us he is having a hard time just getting up to go out. he is just what i'm looking for young the right color and breed I like trailer park trash labs.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Jerry. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sure can see the Lab in him. A nice looking pup. I'm sure he will brighten up your day and be your new best buddy. :D Enjoy!!!!!!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
what a nice looking dog ,if I could get one I would scarf it up as I think this will be MacArthers last summer with us he is having a hard time just getting up to go out. he is just what i'm looking for young the right color and breed I like trailer park trash labs.

Sadly Don, they won't do out of state adoptions. But he does have 3 brothers as handsome as he is.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Sadly Don, they won't do out of state adoptions. But he does have 3 brothers as handsome as he is.
yes I figured that than look at the cost of getting a pup across the country than out to me in the bush. i'm in no rush to replace the old general yet he is still alive and sleeping after his time comes I may get a bit more desperate. also my guess is when that time comes the family may need to leave me alone and have my space as I had him many years before the family I have now came along.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That is one good, good looking puppy. :clap::clap::clap:

We picked up a rescue about 2 months ago. She is hell on 4 legs but has given our 4-year old labradoodle a new lease on life. She's a lot of fun but I had forgotten how much hard work a young puppy could be. It's wearing me out. Once the weather gets a little warmer we're going to start some serious training. As stubborn as the little bugger is, it's going to be a battle of wills. :unsure:

Daxman

When i got our shepherd i had to sweet talk my wife into keeping him inside. Well i did and about 4 days later he decided to chew up two of her high heel shoes that she wore to work. Well if that wasnt bad enough the two shoes he chewed up were from different pairs, man was she pissed.

Leni

When i got our shepherd i had to sweet talk my wife into keeping him inside. Well i did and about 4 days later he decided to chew up two of her high heel shoes that she wore to work. Well if that wasnt bad enough the two shoes he chewed up were from different pairs, man was she pissed.

I don't blame her. Comfy high heels are hard to find. Not to mention expensive.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I picked up a little pup for Tim to replace the other one daisy duke that got hit by a bus when his mom picked a crappie time to walk her with out a leash. now Sarge doesn't have quite the personality that daisy had but underwear are safe what's not are my toes Sarge loves top grab my socks and play tug problem is he usually grabs my toes to

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a few pictures now that he's gotten older. I think we have tons more somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 165

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, Tucker is 5 years old now. He's been a good dog. Hard headed as hell. He's given us some trying times with any of his toys that had stuffing in it. Guaranteed the stuffing would be out within a day or two. If it had a squeaker in it, the squeaker would be ripped out by morning. Or he'd leave one of his indoor toys beside the sliding door. As soon as we opened the door to let him out, he'd snatch that toy and run out with it. We decided to get him more stuffed toys. Gave him two bone shaped stuffed toys. After about a week he tore one to shreds. I picked up all the pieces and took it too the trash can. I showed it him and told him that what he did was bad. Threw it in the trash. He ran and grabbed the second one and tried to rip it apart. I took it from him and walked to the trash. He took it out my hand and ran off. That was two years ago. If I go near it now, he'll grab it and run off. He takes it to bed and uses it for a pillow. He loves that pillow.
Now he's decided that a cover for the couch did not need to actually cover the whole couch. If we straighten it up, it won't be 5 minutes and he'll have the top portion pulled down snuggling up on it. He is such an ass, but we love him.

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 140