• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

went to tea party tonight

benspawpaw

well i went to my first tea party meeting tonight.had a good time.got to hear the guys running for gop congressman for 9th district here in ga.it was interesting to say the least.got to ask a couple of questions and hear a bunch more,then they all said about a 5 minuite spill about what they would do if elected.i stiil am not sure about the tea party stuff tho i could not find one damn glass of tea in the whole place so i had to drink coffee with my cookies.:w00t2:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You are a threat to America. An extremist. A radical. A possible terrorist. :whistling:

Well that is what I heard on MSNBC about those white people who go to Tea Parties.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, I heard the MSM call them "radical extremists".:unsure: Of course, according to my dictionary that remark is a little strange, as a non-radical extremist would be a contradiction; well, wouldn't it?:whistling:

I guess most of these comments must be coming from the Department of Redundancy Department.:yum:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Yep, I heard the MSM call them "radical extremists".:unsure: Of course, according to my dictionary that remark is a little strange, as a non-radical extremist would be a contradiction; well, wouldn't it?:whistling:

I guess most of these comments must be coming from the Department of Redundancy Department.:yum:

I don't know, the Department of Funny Walks is more in line...

benspawpaw

sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.yeah you are right. i heard that too.dont give a damn bout nutin msnbc has to say,bunch of dumbasses anyway.i bet there are plenty just like me on here from what i read,right friends?:clap:

Cityboy

Banned
well i went to my first tea party meeting tonight.had a good time.got to hear the guys running for gop congressman for 9th district here in ga.

I went to my first and CG's second a few weeks ago.

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=36247

Seems the TP has been co-opted by the GOP. The TP was not originally a GOP movement, it was an inclusive "people" movement made up of folks mainly upset with the corporate welfare bailouts started by Bush and continued by Obama. It is no longer what it was in the beginning.

Now it appears to be turning into a reelection PAC for the GOP.

RedRocker

I'd say the GOP would like to co-opt the TP, but they're not safe either.
They stand to benefit the most though, there are zero conservatives in
the democrat party, still a few left in the GOP.

Cityboy

Banned
I'd say the GOP would like to co-opt the TP, but they're not safe either.
They stand to benefit the most though, there are zero conservatives in
the democrat party, still a few left in the GOP.
Conservative or liberal makes absolutely no difference. This picture paints 1000 words:

2.gif

(Borrowed this from one of CG's posts)