• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Time to invest contest

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Hmmmm a few days in and my shares are now at $47.12...

Total $9800.96....im down $185.12:yum:

Well im pleased to report im now up....

Share price today $48.56 gives me a total 208 shares = $10,100.48:yum::yum::yum:

I may retire :yum::yum::yum:

Edit....im watching these today they are still on the up....$49.42 now!!!!

Last edited:

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Unfortunately I'm on the road at the time the market closes so I'll post over the weekend my status at the closing bell for today. I've watched throughout the week. It's been up and down.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
-1160.64 because BigAl would not let sell after the first week when I could of put $500.00 plus in my pocket. It is all his fault...............:whistling:

This is gonna hurt but Gatorboy maybe right.....:ermm:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Here is the score : Contest is now closed to new members . Here is the current profit or loss as of today for your investment .

waybomb -1154.70

galvantron +336.96

BCzoom +231.96

Daedong +336.82

Eastexfrank +584.40

gatorboy -939.12

CowboyJG +35.56

Mtntopper -1160.64

Darroll +447.00

BSturka +310.08

BigAl -553.80

So far Eastexfrank is kicking ass !

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the score : Contest is now closed to new members . Here is the current profit or loss as of today for your investment .

waybomb -1154.70

galvantron +336.96

BCzoom +231.96

Daedong +336.82

Eastexfrank +584.40

gatorboy -939.12

CowboyJG +35.56

Mtntopper -1160.64

Darroll +447.00

BSturka +310.08

BigAl -553.80

So far Eastexfrank is kicking ass !

Thanks Al and long may it continue. I wish I could do it in real life. I was going to put the 11 players on a spreadsheet this weekend, if I had time, but it seems that you have already done it. Thanks again.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Al and long may it continue. I wish I could do it in real life. I was going to put the 11 players on a spreadsheet this weekend, if I had time, but it seems that you have already done it. Thanks again.

I have a stock program that automatically updates in real time .

It was easy . I just built a folder and named it after each player .

If any contestants needs a constant update ,let me know and I'll punch in your name and give you a profit or loss update .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Eastexfrank continues to climb into new area . He just busted through the $600 dollar profit mark . Way to go !:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Way to go Bob S.!!!! Your leadin at about $588 bucks of profit !

Mtntopper ..... You don't even want to know :sad:

Me ??? I am holdin back looking to make my move at the right time ...:yum::whistling::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi said it, and Bob S . is proving it . When the enconomy is tanking , Gold is a good investment . The hard part is knowing when to sell .

Thats right Sushi , you actually got it right .:yum:

Every day the stock market has been falling the gold prices have been going up .

Bob S . now leads the pack with his Gold pick .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob S is at $683 bucks profit and BCZOOM is right after him with over $600 profit .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, I don't have gold shares but I have a gold mining company. How come I'm going in the tank? Need to check today and see what's up. Just did? Darned banks, should burn them all to the ground ... after I get what little I have left out of course. Not to worry, I'm relying on Obama to save my bank pick.

I reckon I'm about $166 ahead which is nice since I'm treating my wife on Valentine's. That should take care of the $166 ... and then some.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey, I don't have gold shares but I have a gold mining company. How come I'm going in the tank? Need to check today and see what's up. Just did? Darned banks, should burn them all to the ground ... after I get what little I have left out of course. Not to worry, I'm relying on Obama to save my bank pick.

I reckon I'm about $166 ahead which is nice since I'm treating my wife on Valentine's. That should take care of the $166 ... and then some.

I just checked my real time program . Your at $211.50 profit so your still doin pretty well :clap:. A whole lot better than me, as I have a loss but I'm a whole lot better than a few others in the contest :whistling:.

Galvatron

Well im pleased to report im not in the Red....Yet....

Total $11.04 profit....retirement has been put on Hold for the time being :yum:

Galvatron

well that was not the week i was expecting...

shares closed at $46.53 yesterday so thats 208 shares = $9,678.24...im down $321.76....whoops:unsure:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Ha! I'm down 772 bucks.

Now, had I dumped it all into SKF, I'd be over 600 bucks up. But, like gold, you really need to sell this one at the right time. SKF is a day trader's stock. I went long on three and balanced with SKF. Balance is off, eh?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob S. continues in the #1 spot .
$965 profit as of right now

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Re: Time to invest contest
Aw hell. I'll play. My contribution is simply: Not Yet.

I think we will see a continual slide while prices for everything find their 'natural' level. Not just stocks, but houses, land, portfolios of bundled loans, patents, salaries, everything. I predict the Dow will break below 7,000 and that still isn't the bottom - maybe 5,000? Maybe lower.

We are going through a readjustment. Things aren't worth as much as we thought. It will settle out, but like a plane cruising at a lower altitude. (I don't foresee the mass hysteria and riots etc that some suggest, just a lot of disappointment.) We may not see a 14,000 Dow for another decade. And that might also, again, be a symbol of a mass illusion.

Our rank among nations will take a small hit, as China and India advance slightly toward parity, but this is far from the end of America as we know it. Everybody worldwide has taken the same hit. I think Eastern Europe in particular is in far more critical shape than we are. Since their debts are to Western Europe, the impact will be broad.

Now in terms of investment strategy: It is still impossible to make fine distinctions among individual companies. Every day brings a new surprise. Individual stocks are an unusually high risk at the moment.

My opinion is that the big multinationals as a group have the best resources and talent to weather anything that comes along, and then interpret and prosper from new circumstances. So looking ahead a decade or so, I think an S&P 500 index fund is the safest way to share in the world's return to prosperity. I think it's better to rise with the tide, rather than gamble on the unforseeable.

But it's not time yet.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Gee Cali .... Thanks for all the good news . I guess I better go buy a big bottle of sleeping pills now . Goodbye cruel world ........

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Cali, give me a little hope here, I'm bleeding to death. I was hoping for a banking rebound with the Feds throwing money around as if there was no tomorrow but it seems .... not yet.

My personal portfolio isn't much better. Maybe I should get everything in quarters and spend the next ten years counting them. Maybe then I'll be ready to go back into the market. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Cali, give me a little hope here, I'm bleeding to death. I was hoping for a banking rebound with the Feds throwing money around as if there was no tomorrow but it seems .... not yet.

My personal portfolio isn't much better. Maybe I should get everything in quarters and spend the next ten years counting them. Maybe then I'll be ready to go back into the market. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I got spare Band-Aids .........Just take what you need ..:sad: