• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

When this is all over: Permanent changes?

Bannedjoe

2 planes once crashed into two buildings almost 20 years ago, and the world changed forever.
All the changes would be impossible to list, but I think one of the biggest was all of a sudden everyone was suddenly treated like criminals or terrorists.

I'm really beginning to question how the world will be once the dust settles from this all.

I'm certain that many of the Mom and Pop storefronts that closed won't be reopening for any number of reasons.

Many businesses who would have never even considered it, are seeing that it's possible not to have a building jammed with people in cubicles, and that people can do their jobs from home.

The money saved would be tremendous. From not having to rent those office buildings, to heating and cooling them, plus all the other expenses it takes.

Rush hour may become a thing of the past as a fairly large part of the workforce stays at home.
Their own money saved from not having commute could add up.

Schools are closed.
Massive savings again as far as staff, and again maintaining buildings.

All the kids are at home now learning from their computers.
One teacher can now teach millions. (OMG, who will be the teachers?)
It's possible that it could stay that way now that it's being done.

Maybe only people who work away from the home will have kids in school, while those with at home jobs will have to homeschool.

Will not touching or coming into contact with others become permanent?
Will people permanently remain afraid of each other?
Maybe laws will be written concerning these things.

What changes do you see possibly becoming the new "Normal"?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
More home schooling for students means less students attending the liberal infested government indoctrination centers aka public schools.

This will be a step in the right direction of kids learning the right things in schools like the truth in American History, less LGBTQLSMFTBULLSHIT perverted crap and the glorification of the leftist communist agenda.

That right there, if nothing else, will be a huge, giant leap forward in bringing this country away from the precipice of leftist hatred and intolerance.

Bannedjoe

More home schooling for students means less students attending the liberal infested government indoctrination centers aka public schools.

This will be a step in the right direction of kids learning the right things in schools like the truth in American History, less LGBTQLSMFTBULLSHIT perverted crap and the glorification of the leftist communist agenda.

That right there, if nothing else, will be a huge, giant leap forward in bringing this country away from the precipice of leftist hatred and intolerance.

All that could be true, assuming the parents have their heads on straight, but I have little faith in the majority.
And the bigger question will be that of who's going to be the teachers as these kids sit at their computers?
The indoctrination could easily continue.

Another thing that might become permanent is home delivery of just about everything.
I've relied on Amazon and others heavily out here in the sticks.

If I can get something delivered, and I can wait a few days, then I don't need to travel to town.

I think many have now learned and have come to accept this.

Bannedjoe

I think another thing we're going to see as a result of this is an even bigger move towards a cashless society.
Again, for many reasons.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting thoughts.

I do think that companies will downsize their buildings. Albiet while taking advantage of workers as much as possible. Imaging --- Firing someone is just a computer slick.

Cashless society has long been a goal. Once implemented, you really have no money. Everything you have is a mouseclick from being inaccessible.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Not to detract from the OP but using 9/11 is a good facsimilia. One thing I have notice that is similar is the reaction of people to each other. We are once again, just as we were right after 9/11, nice to each other.

It is a sad observation. But, perhaps our nation occasionally needs such disasters forcing us to put divisional politics aside, bring us back to center ice as friends, and remind us of what is truly important.

That would be a major change I could suffer. And so could most of the citizenry of our nation.

At the risk of plagiarism.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Bannedjoe

Another prediction.

If this thing continues as long as some predict, people might be voting in the next Presidential election with their phones.

The potential for fraud would be outstanding.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
IMHO, a year from now you’ll never know it happened, just like 911.

Bannedjoe

Another possible change:
The handshake may become a thing of the past.
I always thought it was kind of stupid anyway.
Holding a stranger's hand.

We might end up adopting the Japanese bow.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
My understanding of when the handshake came to be was when two armed strangers met, and most were right handed, gripping each other's right hand was a show of peace desired by temporarily disarming the dominant hand. Not too many yrs ago a handshake was as good as a signature on paper on almost any transaction between individuals. Not so much anymore.
Mike

Bamby

My understanding of when the handshake came to be was when two armed strangers met, and most were right handed, gripping each other's right hand was a show of peace desired by temporarily disarming the dominant hand. Not too many yrs ago a handshake was as good as a signature on paper on almost any transaction between individuals. Not so much anymore.
Mike

They destroyed the handshake along with the Ten other Commandments when they gathered together to flush God out of America.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
If you keep the masses afraid, they will be so busy trying to avoid the virus they wont pay attention to what the folks in charge doing in the name of protecting us.

Bannedjoe

Just another thought...

As some people contract this thing and get over it, will they be the first and only ones hired back into the workforce?

Will testing for corona become a prerequisite for being hired anywhere?
Maybe when the vaccine is invented, they'll bring back a scarring injection like they did long ago with the polio vaccination.
That way people will be able to prove they are vaccinated.

It seems to me that those people who have recovered need to get back into the workforce to keep this here country moving.