• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Dad's favorite flying story.

Bannedjoe

My Dad was on a long flight, with a connecting flight somewhere along the way.
He was tired and worn out from the previous days of endless meetings, and just wanted to get home.
The flight was running behind schedule.

Landing at the connecting airport, he found he had merely minutes to catch his connecting flight, and as luck would have it, the gate was at the furthest end of the airport.
He talked to a counter person just as he exited the craft, and pleaded with her to call down to the connecting gate to let them know he was coming.

He then took off for the gate running with his medium sized carry on as fast as he could.
He was determined not to miss the flight.

Just as he got to the gate, the stewardess was standing at the door waiting for him to arrive so she could close it and get on with her flight.
She motioned for my Dad to hurry.
As fast as his legs could carry him, he made it through the door and she shut it right behind him.

He rushed onto the plane and saw a lone seat by a window, with another gentleman sitting in the isle seat of the same row.
He quickly opened the overhead compartment, tossed in his luggage, scooted over the guy and took his seat, relieved that he made the connection and was going to be home soon.

When he got settled in and buckled up, he noticed his flying companion in the seat next to him giving him an awful gaze.
My dad recalled the incident saying the guy looked at him like he had just killed his mother or something.

My dad stared back at him in bewilderment, and asked, what???

After a moment of awkward silence, the guy unbuckled, and stood up.
He then opened the overhead compartment, and removed a completely crushed Stetson hat.

Of course my dad apologized profusely, and offered to pay to have the hat reshaped.
KNvr6Vh.gif