• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 13-16, 2020

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Hay Sun Valley catters, anyone going to be around SV, Ketchum, Bellevue, or Hailey on Tuesday March 10th? I will be showing up, just thought if anyone was around I might stop and say hi. I have to fly out of Hailey that early afternoon, but might have time for a quick visit.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, if you want your cat on the info board, I need it soon, real soon, please. Or diy a 4x6 card with pict etc and bring it.

send

forum name, real name
make, model of cat
picture or said cat
cat info

any special blurb about cat, owner etc.

prefer: cidertom@yahoo.com
or here via PM if that doesn't work.
I will respond if I get it.

CT
currently I have
PontoonPrincess
Cidetom
wakeupcall,
Mikemikelle,
Gmoose,
mothertucker
ktalley,

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
and in One Week, we all will be gathered in Sun Valley, be safe in your travels and thank each and everyone for coming...hope all, enjoys the adventure in the Sawtooth Mountains

remember, come to the Ram restaurant bar in the Sun Valley Inn 7 ish on Fridays I am buying the first round of after dinner drinks and handing out the info packets...

and please if you have any questions and or need help, contact me, FYI, I will be arriving in Sun Valley on Wednesday.

hey Colorado crew, have a safe and exciting jamboree this weekend.....

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 380

olympicorange

,...…. going to be an awesome event, …. bummed we're going to miss it,....well I guess I might as well let the cat out of the bag,... '' we '' just canceled all our plans & reservations for the trip,... out there. the ''wifey'' just came down with ''strep'' , and to be truthful,..this ''coronavirus'' is alarming,..yup,..call me chicken. we were going to just show up...''surprise'' ,..well i'll be waiting for all the pics :thumbup:....have a great time all ,.... another time,..... :smile:

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
That's a bummer, would have been great to meet you. Maybe some other time.

olympicorange

….. for sure,... even the best made plans go south,.. was looking forward to meeting everyone, talking snocats,.. pics,.. next season,... have a great time,... :thumbup::thumbup:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
from the wiz kid mad sculpture shop, Jake Cooper, he is amazingly creative

and we have one of his sculptures to give away, nothing to buy, just need to be present to win,

it is a fabulous sculpture

legal stuff, the decision of the judge is Final, and yes bribes are accepted and those monies will be donated to UFS, so.....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 340

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the beast is finally finished and ready for snow trials in sun valley

safe travels and see ya Friday night

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_419.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_419.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 285

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Frandee is on her way to Sun Valley, passing by the Idaho National Laboratory where the world's largest nuclear test reactor resides, and my place of employment. If you zoom in you can see the reactor in the background behind the Frandee.

IMG_20200310_083948464_HDR.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
no wonder the frandee glows at night....

reminds me of the Three Dog Night song, "one is the lonliness number"..................used to think of a 1951 Hudson twin H power Hornet when I heard it, until now.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Made a stop in creaters of the moon. Just after leaving there had a strange vibration coming from the front end. Stopped and found 3 broken front wheel studs and 3 loose ones. Made it to Hailey, Ford is replacing 6 of the studs (all they had in town). Hope they get it done quick, I have a flight at 3. However, it's a good opportunity to have lunch at the snow bunny across from the Ford dealership. Always an adventure.

IMG_20200310_093839402_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200310_101623881_HDR.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Silver Creek Ford in Hailey came through, studs replaced in about an hour. They said they are open on Saturday, just in case anyone needs a Ford repair. There is also on O'Reilly's across the street for parts and a Napa in Bellevue.

Made it to the airport, small parking spots, I had to unhook and get the privalage of paying for two parking spaces.

The rest of you have safe travels, without the adventures like I just had. See you all Saturday.

IMG_20200310_125035454.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
really funny thing, most the guys on the west coast, drive Fords, so, I would encourage everyone to tighten all the lug bolts before you leave and while you are at it, check the air pressure on both the Ford and trailer

thank you moose for leading the way, and getting that problem out of the way, so no one else does.....

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, hope there's more snow than that . . .

I am sure there is, Galena is still 20 or 30 miles away and at a much higher elevation than the airport where the picture was taken. At my house we have lost most of our snow, but up the road 10 miles there is still 3 feet of snow.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I am sure there is, Galena is still 20 or 30 miles away and at a much higher elevation than the airport where the picture was taken. At my house we have lost most of our snow, but up the road 10 miles there is still 3 feet of snow.

fyi, the latest report of yesterday, baker creek has good 2 feet of snow at the parking lot and more up on the mountain and smiley creek, which is up in the Stanley basin, has even more snow, we have several places to choose from, so, snow will not be an issue, and either, having a great time,

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A very experienced desert racer I worked for in the Midwest ( short course program, currently loors, lucas, torc ect) stated that if anything goes wrong in a tow it happens in the first hours.....

enjoy your travels, 1/2 the fun is getting there. the other half is the people.

take time to enjoy the people. The SVS has a brilliant participant focused itinerary enjoy the camaraderie.
I will be watching from a distance, snapping up all the cheap tuckers that will hit the internet while you are distracted with snow and vintage snow cats.

Clowder-On!!!!!

vintagebike

Reserved room available

For 6 or 7 reasons Cathy and I will not be able to attend the fabulous Sun Valley Event this weekend. We have a King room reserved for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Let me know by PM or email if you would like to take over our reservation at the October booking rate. SV needs us to contact them before check-in time on Friday. Thanks, the McCall Crew

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok I have a buddy and his wife that has decided to come with us to Sun Valley, kind of last minute. He could take over vintagebikes room, good for both of them. I sent VB an email via the forum, but if it's like the PM I never seem to get that to work here. If someone has his number maybe let him know and he can PM me. Thanks.

TalleyHo

GOLD Site Supporter
d26f4e3ac66a71e30ddf49eb4e62e590.jpg

See y’all Friday. We are loaded up heading out in the morning.

I remember some folks asking if there are spare seats. We will have some.

My wife Nancy and I are looking forward to meeting you all.

Fingers crossed to getting through the first two hours!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Representatives from The East have arrived in the Valley!

Attachments

• 3C9AD188-0D10-43F0-B591-A68E2A11745F.jpg
    3C9AD188-0D10-43F0-B591-A68E2A11745F.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 325