• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, march 13-16, 2020

mikemikelle

Hope your'e open to the other Orange? We've booked it, and can be the butt of all the untucker jokes in case the Snow Trac's don't show....

:punk: TEAM THIOKOL

Thank you Princess for putting it together, It looks like a great trip! Now with Leon, both sides of the Plateau are represented!

20180422_180818.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope your'e open to the other Orange? We've booked it, and can be the butt of all the untucker jokes in case the Snow Trac's don't show....

:punk: TEAM THIOKOL

Thank you Princess for putting it together, It looks like a great trip! Now with Leon, both sides of the Plateau are represented!

View attachment 119240

WOW, the first Thiokol to sign up,

very pleases and happy to have you folks come to the snow cat serenade, a gathering of old grousers

brave brave brave little snow cat,

you will be given lots of snow cat love....

thank you

fyi, looks like you will be carrying the 'water' for snow track and Kristi, you may need a bigger trailer...

Attachments

• s-l1600-12.jpg
    s-l1600-12.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
okay,

the original block of rooms are now all reserved,

I have requested and was given additional rooms and they are available now,

I will hold them only till November 30th 2019,

so, for those that are still thinking, might be best to make your reservation very soon,

otherwise you will be thinking about what you missed,

so many great people are coming and sure looks like it will be EPIC

if no snow tracs and Kristi come, so be it, no snow tracs or kristis',

the rest of us will have a wonderful time and thank you to all that are coming....

Mother Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't seen any support from Medford?? Sure like to see the factory folks there. Jeff? , Clyde?, anybody? Your loyal fans request your presence :clap:.

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
It's getting bigger and better all the time, It took just a little push from the Tye one on cat for me to sign up and now everyone want to go. Who would have thunk I was so popular? And yes Mikemikelle we will have a grand time representing both sides of the plateau.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
It's getting bigger and better all the time, It took just a little push from the Tye one on cat for me to sign up and now everyone want to go. Who would have thunk I was so popular? And yes Mikemikelle we will have a grand time representing both sides of the plateau.

we all think you are quite Special and most popular, glad you are coming and representing the other side of the Mesa:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
looking at your picture.i noticed in the background.
an opera house?? that is where you grew up? can you sing?
snow%20trac%206.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thought it might be a good idea to get my old tucker out, get a couple things fixed and or repaired, it might need more than a couple of things, oh well, best not to wait to the last minute

sure would be embarrassing if I did not have a cat ready for snow cat serenade 2020...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_37f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_37f.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

olympicorange

….…… so, it looks like you're going after the ; brake/clutch master cyl. ( do you have a source for a rebuild kit , I have a couple to overhaul; providing the ''bores'' are reuseable),.... new belts, rad. repair, possibly a water pump,... how's my guess so far,... thx P/P ,....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
….…… so, it looks like you're going after the ; brake/clutch master cyl. ( do you have a source for a rebuild kit , I have a couple to overhaul; providing the ''bores'' are reuseable),.... new belts, rad. repair, possibly a water pump,... how's my guess so far,... thx P/P ,....

OO, good so far, add exhaust, radiator issues, alternator, starter, tune up, clean up wiring, new hoses, replace hood side panels, (checking stock) and etc etc don't want to be the one with the broken down machine, oh yeah got to add lots and lots of LED light bars, so the space shuttle can see the forest all lit up...

do have a good source on brake/clutch, BSI in Havana on the Willamette, so many of good parts/repair/radiator shops are going away so fast, dang dang dang

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thank you to all that have served, I am very grateful for your sacrifice to serve and protect our country, thank you

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 326

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
If you follow WBJ1's "Over-Kill-O-Wattage" LED Light philosophy, you'll need either a higher output alternator or a second alternator....

thinking a Honda 50 kw generator on a tucker snow cat power light trailer, pretty much keep up with everyone...

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
:th_lmao: Are you sure that 543 will make it pulling a 50kw generator? Might have to send the Kt-4 out with the Sqwrl to help pull it! :hammer: ��

sounds like you accepted the steep and deep challenge for pink slips...accepted and I look forward to seeing you and your machine at the gathering of old grousers

hmmmm, thinking about what I should do with your loosing machine, ah, I will hold a essay contest and give it to the winner...

don't hurt yourself laughing...

Kristi Kt-4

:walking gator: Gathering of old grousers on the 4th of July? Challenge accepted by the Sqwrl (He is a professional driver so pinks should be no problem). The deeper and wetter the better since the Kt-4 up for the challenge has some tricks up her sleeve! If by some chance the Sqwrl fails am I allowed to be in the essay contest? :th_lmao:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
:walking gator: Gathering of old grousers on the 4th of July? Challenge accepted by the Sqwrl (He is a professional driver so pinks should be no problem). The deeper and wetter the better since the Kt-4 up for the challenge has some tricks up her sleeve! If by some chance the Sqwrl fails am I allowed to be in the essay contest? :th_lmao:

nice try, but the steep and deep challenge is in sun valley idaho, snow cat serenade, a gathering of old grousers, you can have anyone of your choosing to drive your loosing machine, and yes, happy to have you enter the essay contest,

we all are expecting to see you and your machine in Sun Valley this coming march, better get your room reserved NOW

challenge accepted...

olympicorange

OO, good so far, add exhaust, radiator issues, alternator, starter, tune up, clean up wiring, new hoses, replace hood side panels, (checking stock) and etc etc don't want to be the one with the broken down machine, oh yeah got to add lots and lots of LED light bars, so the space shuttle can see the forest all lit up...

do have a good source on brake/clutch, BSI in Havana on the Willamette, so many of good parts/repair/radiator shops are going away so fast, dang dang dang

…… so, just a ''minor'' overhaul...lol... also add another alt. & battery for all the extra lights …. lol. tried to google bsi, no webpage,... must be ''old school'' shop.... same around here, the old repair shops are fading away, the younger generation want nothing to do with manual labor/ getting dirty, etc... our trades are in danger for sure,.... if you have a phone number , or better yet ...a p/n for a rerbuild kit,...much appreciated,...thx p/p....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
adding a extra alternator and battery would work for everyone else, but not for the PP,

I will be needing the extra lighting...

cuz, at the steep and deep competition, know for a fact, the power paddled 543 will win and everyone else will want to keep trying and that will go very late into night and more than likely into the early morning hours, and will only come to an end, when they run out of GAS, I just want to make sure they have a very well lit hill so there will be NO EXCUSES.

Game Over...

:eatdrink::eatdrink::eatdrink:

PS. KT4, best start working on your essay, topic " what went wrong"

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpg
    IMG_2330.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
…… so, just a ''minor'' overhaul...lol... also add another alt. & battery for all the extra lights …. lol. tried to google bsi, no webpage,... must be ''old school'' shop.... same around here, the old repair shops are fading away, the younger generation want nothing to do with manual labor/ getting dirty, etc... our trades are in danger for sure,.... if you have a phone number , or better yet ...a p/n for a rerbuild kit,...much appreciated,...thx p/p....

yup, just a minor overhaul...

OO, do you need a GM style brake/clutch master cylinder? happy to get you a rebuild kit and or new one for you.

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

olympicorange

yup, just a minor overhaul...

OO, do you need a GM style brake/clutch master cylinder? happy to get you a rebuild kit and or new one for you.

oh ooh , engine is gone ,.. time for a hemi..lol.. yes, on the dual bore m/c overhaul/rebuild kit,... thank you ,,,... p/p.... brake/clutch assy.....

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm surprised the Snow Trac mafia are not merely under-represented, but completely without representation.

I thought maybe it was because they were concerned about having to contend with deep snow, and/or high elevation. (Both of which might put them at a significant disadvantage.)

But I did some research and, believe it or not, the site of the Clowder, Big Powderhorn Mountain in Michigan, gets almost as much annual snowfall as Sun Valley!

Big Powderhorn:

• Projected Opening Projected Closing12/15/2019 04/01/2020
  • Days Open Last Year
  • Projected Days Open
  • Years Open
  • Average Snowfall
    214"

Sun Valley:

• Projected Opening Projected Closing11/28/2019 04/19/2020
  • Days Open Last Year
  • Projected Days Open
  • Years Open
  • Average Snowfall
    220"

In terms of elevation, Big Powderhorn's base is 1,200', and the Summit is 1,800', with a vertical drop of only 600'. Sun Valley on the other hand has a base elevation of 5,750', a Summit of 9,150, and a vertical drop of 3,400.

So maybe it's the elevation and the topography that's keeping the Snow Trac mafia back home; safe and sound in their warm garages?

:clap::shitHitFan::clap:

vintagebike

1949 Tucker 323, Sophie, is getting a Transdapt/Holley Sniper EFI in preparation for Sun Valley. Yes PP, all the original parts are safely stored away.
BCAC2A63-084B-489E-9E82-F3BB7C4178AB.jpg

86E89C24-CB72-4994-AB87-FFF7ACD98BAB.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm surprised the Snow Trac mafia are not merely under-represented, but completely without representation.

I thought maybe it was because they were concerned about having to contend with deep snow, and/or high elevation. (Both of which might put them at a significant disadvantage.)

But I did some research and, believe it or not, the site of the Clowder, Big Powderhorn Mountain in Michigan, gets almost as much annual snowfall as Sun Valley!

Big Powderhorn:

• Projected Opening Projected Closing12/15/2019 04/01/2020
  • Days Open Last Year
  • Projected Days Open
  • Years Open
  • Average Snowfall
    214"

Sun Valley:

• Projected Opening Projected Closing11/28/2019 04/19/2020
  • Days Open Last Year
  • Projected Days Open
  • Years Open
  • Average Snowfall
    220"

In terms of elevation, Big Powderhorn's base is 1,200', and the Summit is 1,800', with a vertical drop of only 600'. Sun Valley on the other hand has a base elevation of 5,750', a Summit of 9,150, and a vertical drop of 3,400.

So maybe it's the elevation and the topography that's keeping the Snow Trac mafia back home; safe and sound in their warm garages?

:clap::shitHitFan::clap:

no worries, BFT, the "Bear", the snow track are coming! the key chains will be in Sun Valley, warm and safe in the cabs of tucker snow cats

Attachments

• IMG_1050 2.jpg
    IMG_1050 2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 236

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
,..... that's awesome, much appreciated,... I like those choices,... not sure where to hide the 1000lb. lithium battery...lol. tesla electrical fires have been on the news quite a bit lately,....

ah, I will put the Tesla battery in the tucker snow cat trailer...

or how about a LS engine

or a rousch 302 with super charger,

or just maybe just put the 340-six pack, back in, and call it good

nice work VB, in getting your 423 ready to challenge the back country of the Sawtooths of Idaho, do take a few minutes and look at the pontoons and rollers

time to get your machine in the shop/garage and give it, a good once over and maybe a couple times on the snow before the 'snow cat serenade'

so pleased with the great response and who is coming, truly a gathering of the faithful snow catters, great people...thank you

fyi, rumor has it, our first Snow Tracker has made reservations