• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2020 Sno Cat Clowder ( FEBRUARY 1, 2020 )

undy

Holy Crap Mike!!! I see a red and yellow Skidozer! My hat's off to you my friend!! Nice to see it stretching it's legs.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the, would it be wrong to refer to this as the Sturgis of snowcatting, Clowder was great time. Hope to make it one of these years. Thanks everyone for the reports and pics. I thought this IR drone footage was pretty cool too.
https://youtu.be/rfn55KIdz7U

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy Crap Mike!!! I see a red and yellow Skidozer! My hat's off to you my friend!! Nice to see it stretching it's legs.

It wasn't with out drama.

Brenda the operator had a serious situation develop. she is a competent operator and skilled beyond belief.

but when that little nut loosened up..... Just the left one..... Oh my :shitHitFan: she thought she broke the cat.

as a side note:

a Long time clowder participant who is alternatively enabled operated that cat for the saturday event at the turn around he opted to slum it. he gave up his dozer seat for the 2020 tucker.....

so it the cats where climbing Bill was at the helm. if It is ascending the tucker rep was at the helm. both had great praise for the beast. Hats off to your care while it lived in undy-ville

thanks for the extended warranty option, I am so glad I paid up for it...

:th_lmao:

Attachments

• loose nut.jpg
    loose nut.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 233

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for all the photos !! I'm thrilled to see some SV252s and the BR60.

I've thought of bringing one of my Bombardiers but it and a rust free 1990 Ford pickup would be exposed to the dreaded salt and I just couldn't handle that !

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Iron wood has a dandy self service car wash.

so before I leave home, I spray everything down with super sudds and soap. flop a rubber tarp under the tracks and fold it back on the cat.

when I get into clowder ville. I wash it with more soap. when I get home I spray it again them WD40 the heck out of it.

and for the record, should ever chose to attend. I will work very hard to get you a cat to run.

Good operators are hard to come by.

A great place to test vehicle weaknesses, whether it be grenading gearboxes or combusting cab canopys! A 9/10 proving ground experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_113622038_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200131_113622038_HDR.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_20200131_105352207_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200131_105352207_HDR.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_20200131_124905228_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200131_124905228_HDR.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 534

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the, would it be wrong to refer to this as the Sturgis of snowcatting, Clowder was great time. Hope to make it one of these years. Thanks everyone for the reports and pics. I thought this IR drone footage was pretty cool too.
https://youtu.be/rfn55KIdz7U

Did you give out trophies at Clowder? Funtracks 1948 Tucker 423 wins most efficient. Check out the heat signature. No heat coming off of this cat means more fuel in the tank.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Did you give out trophies at Clowder? Funtracks 1948 Tucker 423 wins most efficient. Check out the heat signature. No heat coming off of this cat means more fuel in the tank.

:thumbup: Did notice that. And more layering going on in the cab. :thumbup:

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• B19270A2-8112-41D0-B8B3-28A00211B9E1.jpg
    B19270A2-8112-41D0-B8B3-28A00211B9E1.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 2C3505E6-6BDD-4ED6-9A08-0B20560FF84C.jpg
    2C3505E6-6BDD-4ED6-9A08-0B20560FF84C.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 518

alryA

If anyone happen to catch a photo of me on my Polaris boss, please post it.. Or send it to me directly at arlyn.aronson @ gmail.com

Ya I know, 6x6's with pods are on the boring side.... :smileywac

But Thanks to all who have posted photos already!!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
as the mad catter at the clowder, I catch a fair amount of flak each year about various incidents at the clowder.

trespassing concerns
cold food
hot food
frozen food
cold air temps
Warm air temps

This year it was littering.

If you follow the event, Last years bread crumb trail was assigned to the sno cat crowd. You remember hansel and Gretel with the bread crumbs the sno cat crowd used track links and oil dots....

Not to be out done the sno cat crowd upped their game yet again with the trail markers..
Next year I hope they shit out turn tables. I will then be very close to a complete ( as johnny cash says it, 49,50,51,52 automobile.

evidence you ask........:weneedpic

as found by the grooming staff......

I say we shove it down in the snow and fertilize it. should be ready to harvest in may?

Attachments

• roller.jpg
    roller.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 412

alryA

Was stated earlier, our Polaris boss was not charging its battery the last few K's off the trail. Today I got a new regulator installed in it so he's up and "feeling fine" again. Thanks to all who attended and posted photos.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am surprised more photos of that boss did not float up,.

You seemed to be every where and then some.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And who will be attending Sno Cat Clowder 2021?? I will!

generally we are shaping the final details of the summer workshop!!!!

in light of the personal divide of face diaper and non face diaper wearers I think we will forgo the summer GTG.

I think we should start a new thread and get the 21' recovery Clowder thread rocking.....

I will be there. and really hope the face diapers go away before then. the frozen condensation is making me uncomfortable right now and its 83+ humid and climbing......:th_lmao:

alryA

I think we should start a new thread and get the 21' recovery Clowder thread rocking.....

I will be there. and really hope the face diapers go away before then. the frozen condensation is making me uncomfortable right now and its 83+ humid and climbing.

Yes, do get one started sometime. Although I don't have any more photos from last year, maybe I'll repost thwe few I have. Bummer when you drop your camera in the snow. :idea: