• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who got the Freighter?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:
now, that i have you distracted...................the silver excursion has left town with a even bigger trailer in tow

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Vana Orange made it home, so you are safe to go play with your Tuckers--For now. Here is the Mini-Freighter.

Attachments

• Mini Freighter 1.jpg
    Mini Freighter 1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 473
  • DSCN2305.jpg
    DSCN2305.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 478

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
what a nice snow scene picture. :clap:
and I see you transport them in hiding now:ermm:
have to get the truck and trailer xray machine working now :whistling:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No problem, trailer has a sky light so's NSA can see in from space. You can view, just go to Sony pictures.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
what a nice snow scene picture. :clap:
and I see you transport them in hiding now:ermm:
have to get the truck and trailer xray machine working now :whistling:
and the cover of darkness helps, not a trip has ended before 3 a.m. and in the winter months the days are short and the nights are even longer.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Tracks,

I would say that if you were to follow Tucker's no. system, it is a 323. Tucker never stops innovating and this was one of those. You can see by the photos that they tried different configurations before settling on the 322 in the brochure. Judging by the 443 with the 322 it was in the 1956 era. This 323 was built with the shortened body of a 743 Freighter and I believe is the only one of it's kind. It is powered with the famous flat head Chrysler six and the engine in the production 322 was a 40 hp VW. The pontoons are longer than the pontoons on a 743. As you can see from the brochure, this machine could be ordered with the mud tracks as could a 400 series. The ser. nos. for these machines ended with M when ordered from the factory this way.

Thank your DAVENET for the link to Allen's earlier photos of this machine.

Attachments

• 322 Tucker (1).pdf
    459.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 322 Tucker (2).pdf
    508.2 KB · Views: 199

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just do a search for his name and click on some early posts. Not only fantastic pictures of a fantastic cabin location, but some damn deep snow. The best true DEEP powder photo evidence on the forum. He wasn't afraid to take that rig places that almost everyone else would turn around! Hopefully you got the invite to do some equipment testing up there!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks to me like a kitten on steroids.

Mr. Tom, I am thinking more on the idea of a Freighter washed in hot water and in the drier too long. The body in the rear is three inches wider than 743 and the hood and windshield is the same. The body length is way shorter.

Attachments

• DSCN2303.jpg
    DSCN2303.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 524

jask

We probably crossed paths at some point- I was down on the island over the Holidays! Congratulations that is a really unique machine I am surprised more were not built.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I always liked the look of Allen Parsons machine. it is a rare rig how is the steering accomplished is it the same as the kitten.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don the factory set up was similar to a kitten but bigger. The owner before Allen could not get it to work and that is how Allen got the machine. He got it running but did not have enough arms to pull all the levers to make it run. It was modified by someone between Allen and the factory. Allen removed the welded up spider gear axle, made a new one with disc brakes and two master cyls. for turning. He did a nice job and we may just keep it that way. The good news is that Allen kept all the parts he removed so we may be able to return it to factory condition. A good lesson for everyone working with these old machines-- KEEP ALL the parts you remove as the next owner will find them of value.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that ting must be pretty light I seemed to have preformed well in the deep snow for just having a skid steer combonation

ALLEN PARSONS

I miss the old girl all ready. I keep looking for her in the back yard. But she's gone.
Oh well, she has a good home now and is with someone that has the time to bring her back to life. The wife and I had a lot of fun with the 323.

jask

A great rig, and you must feel happy knowing it is in such good hands. I have enjoyed re-reading some of your old posts, and was wondering if you are missing her yet? If you are getting any of the weather we are inland, you should have epic snow right about now.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I miss the old girl all ready. I keep looking for her in the back yard. But she's gone.
Oh well, she has a good home now and is with someone that has the time to bring her back to life. The wife and I had a lot of fun with the 323.

yes, a very good home, warm and dry, large bowl of warm oil and all the attention it deserves.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
why wasn't the pontoons painted yellow? are they from another one?

Allen did a lot of work on this Tucker and was able to repair and use her instead of having her tore down to do the whole thing at once. Got to be lots of good memories with this cat. Kids, Cats, and dogs, it just doesn't get any better. Here is a photo before he worked on the pontoons.

Attachments

• Mini Ffreighter 323.jpg
    Mini Ffreighter 323.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 367

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You two are hard to keep up with.

if the continental divide cant keep you home maybe the Mississippi will slow you down.

truely impressed.

Mike

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
there is nothing there. I was just there, couldnt find a tucker so I had to grab the last snow trac.......

Just saying.

jask

When you have time can we please get some better pics of the suspension? front and rear? is there a leaf sping behind that front side panel?

jask

oh yeah, I just heard about a cheap 601 project... but the garage is full... if only I lived in Tuckerville :(