• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I am my worst enemy......

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Why do I do this to myself ??? I probably have 2-3 years of work in front of me with my own projects . I even have a church to build in Panama whenever I get back down there .

So what do I do ? The local owner of the cafe in town needs to expand her dining room and I open my big mouth and say "Sure , ain't no problem , i'll do it". I even tell her to take it out in trade for food . I "can already eat" down there for the next 3 years and not catch up on my credit I have ???????

Then another lady comes in the Cafe while I am working and ask if I will come over and inspect the construction work they had done on their covered deck because they think it was done wrong . "Sure , No problem":smile:

I will never learn:unsure:.

The wife tells me I have to learn to say "No" but it just ain't that easy . We are a "little bitty town" and everybody helps each other however we can .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The only way she'll get you to say no is if she locks you up and doesn't let you out.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is one of the reasons I was glad to move 200 miles away from family and friends and retire in the hills. Still get pictures and phone calls from some of them asking what to do. This way I don't have to do the work just offer advice.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That is one of the reasons I was glad to move 200 miles away from family and friends and retire in the hills. Still get pictures and phone calls from some of them asking what to do. This way I don't have to do the work just offer advice.

Good God Bill ! What is it with this new Avatar ??? I am about ready to puke !:w00t2:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea Al, I know how that goes. I got myself pretty much under control the last couple of years but every now and then, I drop my guard and here we go again.

It usually starts when someone asks you to come over and give them some advice on how to go around doing something. Oh no, no, no, they don't want YOU to do it . They just want to know how it should be done so they can know their options and talk sensibly to whoever they get to do it. Round you go and before you know it, you're running home to get tools. Especially when it's for one of the charities or non-profits, I have a hard time saying "NO".

OH, I'd better tell you that my wife is even worse than I am, a lot worse. If we're ever anywhere that they call for volunteers, I have to grab her and pin her arms to her side or that hand is going to shoot up in to the air. Whatever she volunteers for I seem to get dragged into. You know how that goes?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea Al, I know how that goes. I got myself pretty much under control the last couple of years but every now and then, I drop my guard and here we go again.

It usually starts when someone asks you to come over and give them some advice on how to go around doing something. Oh no, no, no, they don't want YOU to do it . They just want to know how it should be done so they can know their options and talk sensibly to whoever they get to do it. Round you go and before you know it, you're running home to get tools. Especially when it's for one of the charities or non-profits, I have a hard time saying "NO".

OH, I'd better tell you that my wife is even worse than I am, a lot worse. If we're ever anywhere that they call for volunteers, I have to grab her and pin her arms to her side or that hand is going to shoot up in to the air. Whatever she volunteers for I seem to get dragged into. You know how that goes?

:yum::yum: Boy , do I agree with you . My wife is worst than I am . Thats ok:smile:
I love her dearly and she knows what makes me happy ! I would rather die working then sitting on my ass pretending I was so important , like a few people I know !!!:clap::clap: