• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CONSERVATIVES TURN TO BIAS-FREE ALTERNATIVE TO TWITTER

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
POSTED ON JUNE 27, 2020 BY PAUL MIRENGOFF IN FREE SPEECH, SILICON VALLEY
CONSERVATIVES TURN TO BIAS-FREE ALTERNATIVE TO TWITTER

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archi...free-alternative-to-twitter.php#disqus_thread

Given the anti-Trump and anti-conservative bias of Twitter, it seemed likely that an alternative platform would come to the fore. Now, it looks like one has.

According to this report by CNBC (which can’t be happy about it), a social medium platform called Parler is suddenly making huge strides. After a Wall Street Journal story reported that Team Trump is looking for alternatives to Twitter and Facebook, and mentioned Parler as such an alternative, Parler quickly became the top-ranked iPhone app in the news category, ahead of Twitter and Reddit. The number of Parler users increased from 1 million to 1.5 million in about a week, according to Parler’s 27-year-old founder and CEO John Matze.

Jim Jordan, Elise Stefanik and Nikki Haley all joined during this period. Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Devin Nunes were already on board. Will President Trump join them?

Matze, who says he doesn’t like either political party, agrees that conservatives aren’t treated fairly by Twitter. He favors uncensored discourse and welcomes liberals and conservatives.

With conservatives dominating Parler, Matze offered a $10,000 “progressive bounty” to an openly liberal pundit with 50,000 followers on Twitter or Facebook who would agree to start a Parler account. When there was little response, he raised the “bounty” to $20,000.

There must be some amount of money that would entice a prominent liberal to break ranks with the left and enter a true free speech zone. But that amount may be substantially in excess of $20,000.

I don’t participate in social media, but I know that many Power Line readers do. They might want to follow Jim Jordan’s advice: “Join us on @parler_app. . .They don’t censor or shadow ban.”

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I joined. May never post but I added to the member count.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That didn’t take long. Site is overloaded! :th_lmao:

Attachments

• 812C484E-F96E-4AD0-B2B1-865E222797E8.jpeg
    812C484E-F96E-4AD0-B2B1-865E222797E8.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 52

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't like Twitter absolutely hate Facebook. But I would join Parlor just to rub it in.
I hate standing in line so I'll wait till the it gets smaller.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I joined just to piss off the dims. I quit twitter a while back and gave notice on farcebook I'd joined parler.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang it ...I should have told the White House about FF. :bonk:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife and I joined this morning under her pseudonym "PYE9"
I'm having trouble getting on as "Franc7" because I don't have a smart phone.
There is an apt to go online with your PC but doing so is difficult at best, confusing at worse.

You are right PG.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I already removed the app off my phone.
I wanted to look at what it was about.
I don't see anything about it that would make me want to post there.

Here is good.

So is PW very occasionally.
I like to sweep in there and kick what's his name in the balls.
:yum: