• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

thiokol/dmc/lmc time lines

fritz

alright Thiokol gurus, I am wondering if anyone out there has historical timelines for the changes to these vehicles throughout the years? for example engine and driveline changes, headlights round to square, pretty much anything that would help make it easier to identify the various generations of these machines. thanks in advance

fritz

So no one knows anything about them? Other than the obvious, I know there weren't many changes at all over the life of the company. But no one knows when they went from a single round headlight to double round headlights to single square to double square?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

vintagebike

The 4T2-10 service and parts manual, available for download on the Forum, has a section in front detailing production changes. Don't know if the others include this info?

fritz

Vintagebike, thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that. The manual I have doesn't mention anything, but I may have overlooked it

fritz

So I have been trying to compile whatever info I can find on this subject somewhere on this site I read the time frame of the door change when they switched from half to full doors for a few years in the eighties and in 1981 the cab changed from aluminum to steel. Unfortunately from what i have been seeing here and on other web sites either people don't post the year they have or they just don't know.