Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Rants and Raves Forum

Rants and Raves Forum Rant on! Rave on!

Old 03-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Bronze Member

deand1 is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Island Parking

OK, I'm on a rant. What is it that makes people park in a fuel island and go into the convenience store to pee, browse the cake, and candy isle, buy a slurpy and then pay for a hand full of junk with a credit card, all the while I am parked behind them waiting, just to buy fuel?

I only use service stations for diesel, and not all pumps will have diesel. These cars are usually gassers and are full of people who all go into the store to buy individual items for themselves. Some have kids who grab sweets and toys then have to put it all back while mom is waiting to check out.

Flying J/Pilot truck stops are the worse. Why do travelers go into truck stops? Travelers will block the diesel island without even looking for a parking space after they fuel. I have seen tour buses full of non English speaking tourist all having to pee and buy crap, while the bus is blocking the fuel island.

OK, I'm done.

Last edited by deand1; 03-18-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-18-2017, 01:46 PM
Bronze Member

jimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fuel Island Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deand1 View Post
OK, I'm on a rant. What is it that makes people park in a fuel island and go into the convenience store to pee, browse the cake, and candy isle, buy a slurpy and then pay for a hand full of junk with a credit card, all the while I am parked behind them waiting, just to buy fuel?

I only use service stations for diesel, and not all pumps will have diesel. These cars are usually gassers and are full of people who all go into the store to buy individual items for themselves. Some have kids who grab sweets and toys then have to put it all back while mom is waiting to check out.

Flying J/Pilot truck stops are the worse. Why do travelers go into truck stops? Travelers will block the diesel island without even looking for a parking space after they fuel. I have seen tour buses full of non English speaking tourist all having to pee and buy crap, while the bus is blocking the fuel island.

OK, I'm done.
Bugs me to. When I gas up, if I'm going inside, I move my truck out of the pump line then go inside.

Rant 2. When both pumps are empty, what's with thinking the back one is better? Pull up, idiot, then two can pump at the same time.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Ford4Thought

Thanked 4,739 Times in 2,085 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fuel Island Parking

My Dad used to call them 10 percenters. Meaning 10% of all the people are assholes. He has been gone now for 10 years. if he were alive today, he would see that number has grown exponentially.
jim slagle  (03-18-2017)