• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SnowTrac ST4 Small Tire 4.00-4 New Source

schmidt

:w00t2:Thanks to JimV, I was able to research and find here in the US a hard rubber tire to replace the original Trelleborg 4.00-4 "small" tire.

Brief background. I have been using a number of different tire manufactures and having them all foam filled. I have found that over the course of a season (our ST4 we are putting on about 250-400 miles a season) tires breaks down and begins to separate from the rim. Especially the second tire from the front. This applies to the older machine that does not have the larger tire in the front.

The Fix: Solid Tire: Continental Tire Manf. Model SC10 4.00-4 (2.50C-4)
Contact info: Courtney at 877-235-0102
Rep For Continental: Mark Madding 419-324-5456
Cost $95.34 includes tax, waste fee & shipping via Fedx-Ground

As Jim V mentioned to me, having the tire warm when bolting the wheel together makes assembly easier.

The weight between the Continental Solid tire and the Trelleborg Foam fill tire is identical along with overall size.

Hope this helpful. Brad

Attachments

• Snowcat Little Red tire failure.jpg
    Snowcat Little Red tire failure.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 253
  • untitled (3 of 12).jpg
    untitled (3 of 12).jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 252
  • untitled (4 of 12).jpg
    untitled (4 of 12).jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 251
  • untitled (6 of 12).jpg
    untitled (6 of 12).jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 282
  • untitled (7 of 12).jpg
    untitled (7 of 12).jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 234
  • untitled (8 of 12).jpg
    untitled (8 of 12).jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 273
  • untitled (9 of 12).jpg
    untitled (9 of 12).jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 229
  • untitled (10 of 12).jpg
    untitled (10 of 12).jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 232

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the post. Now do you know where to get replacement rims? I have 2 really damaged ones and the PO replaced the top idler(s) with hand truck tires.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
our parts man is busy with the Iditarod right now.
I didn't know that was you at the jamboree.
jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have all my small tires of that kind. mine are working good.
except for my spare and I was wanted to get one with the snow trac wrote on it. it never happened so it is a beat up air one.
jim