• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1971 Flextrac Nodwell Sno Pacer slave cylinder

caldonia

Anybody have knowledge of the slave cylinder on this old Nodwell. I think the rear end is a T-16. I would like to rebuild the slaves. Are parts available for this?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody have knowledge of the slave cylinder on this old Nodwell. I think the rear end is a T-16. I would like to rebuild the slaves. Are parts available for this?

Do you have a picture there were several different slaves used on the T16?

caldonia

I hope this is the picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 335

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
On that one any hydraulic supply company should have the parts if you have one close if not contact us we can supply or rebuild

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
those cylinders can be re built with a cat 0-ring kit they are the same style I have for blade cylinders on my Thiokol.

caldonia

Here's the Nodwell with the Boy Scouts' Spryte. This is the machine that got me hooked on having a snow cat at my winter camp. The Nodwell was a very lucky find.
Cabin Boy has the Spryte now. Hope it's working well for him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 321

caldonia

Here I am driving my "new" 1971 Nodwell out of the Forbes Ranch just south of Grand Teton Nation Park. It had been sitting idle for years but fired up and drove like a champ. Beginners luck for sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 357

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the pictures! I remember the boy scout Spryte being here before.

From what I gather Nodwell machines are stoutly built, and have a good reputation for reliability. Nice size of machine you have there as well. Of all the models they made, my bet is that the FN15 series would be the most popular of them all today..

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here I am driving my "new" 1971 Nodwell out of the Forbes Ranch just south of Grand Teton Nation Park. It had been sitting idle for years but fired up and drove like a champ. Beginners luck for sure.

I have a FN15 and a FN20 they both have the OC12 one has drop boxes one does not get a picture of your differential a post for us to see please

Thanks

caldonia

The FN 15 is the same size as a Spryte. Just right for my purposes as a grooming machine. I have to wiggle around in a forest for part of my track. Also moves around nicely on a small trailer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 343

Trackrig

If you don't have it fixed yet, take them down to a larger Napa store, these are usually standard truck parts.

If not, contact Keith Adamson, Parts Manager at Track Industries in Calgary. 403/255-1101.

Bill