• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

T-16 rear end what type of oil?

caldonia

Working to get my '71 Nodwell FN 15 up and running for the season. What type of oil should I use in the T-16 rear end?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 281

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
amzoil power shift has worked well in all steering axles I have used it in. otherwise a to-4 type hydraulic oil with that has a friction modifier for wet disc clutches

caldonia

Amzoil Powershift it is. Sould have it here in a day or so. finally got some snow on the valley floor. Hope to be up and running soon. Will post some pics soon.

Trackrig

I haven't used Amzoil Powershift, but what the mfg will tell you to use is a straight mineral oil. Chevron, Lubriplate and Cat have it. If you use a standard gear lube, after a while it will put a glaze on the steering brake pads and that's then end of making it turn. You can take them out and rough them up with a wire wheel on a small side grinder, but that's just a temporary fix.

Bill